A highly polished facilities management professional who has extensive knowledge of delivering top class facility management services. Plans, directs and supervises staff (skilled, semiskilled, and unskilled trade personnel) to effectively complete activities related to daily operations (facilities including MEP & Civil, repairs, maintenance, cleaning/housekeeping, security/safety).
Ideal candidate must have extensive supervisory/managerial experience.
The target candidate is expected be in charge of ensuring that all facility services are well established, implemented and monitored.
Roles, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Being the team single point of contact for all facility management issues.
- Performs and supervises tasks related to installation and maintenance of HVAC, lighting/electrical, plumbing, preventive building maintenance/building improvements, civil work, environmental, safety for Showroom, Offices and Warehouse, Workshop etc.
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, cleaning, pantry, waste disposal and recycling, office moves etc.
- Manage an entire Facilities Management team. Delegates task and then monitoring staff performance.
- Lead and manage FM team to ensure highest standard of facility services.
- Works with Facility Director / Top Management to report problems, solutions, and cost associated.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with all contractors, vendors, outsourcing staff ensuring efficient facility operations.
- Negotiate with new and existing contractors and vendors related to maintenance.
- Purchases materials and equipment required for maintenance repairs, ensure products and services are purchased cost effectively.
- Prepare reports, Correspondence, Purchase requisitions, etc.
- Implement procedures for handling, storing, safekeeping and proper disposal of hazardous materials.
- Regularly inspect site for areas of concern.
- Works with Facility Director to manage annual facility budget.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of policies adherence to Qatar rules and regulations.
- Serves as primary contact for facility related emergencies which may require evening and weekend work.
- Initiates, implements and manages the facility maintenance program with emphasis on planning, scheduling and preventative/predictive/productive maintenance.
- Lead a team to support delivery, installation and maintenance of product to residential and commercial sites.
- Leads the development and implementation of an effective system for recording, checklist of FM activities.
- Working knowledge of the computerized maintenance program to document and schedule all maintenance tasks and inventories
- Prepared monthly facility maintenance reports and schedule.
- Performed facility inspections and documented results of each inspection.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Good communication skills with the ability to relate to a diverse work community.
- Excellent Negotiator.
- Change Management Skills.
- Experience of managing multiple site portfolios.
- Capable of working with minimum supervisors.
- Committed to equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace.
- Excellent Computer Skills (Microsoft excel Advanced is a Big Plus).
- Excellent knowledge of Spreadsheet, Word, technology software
- Knowledge in PPM schedules.
- Physically fit
- Excellent memory
- Bachelor degree in any engineering or a relevant qualification or minimum of 3 years of MEP facility management experience in an international firm.
- Experience in Qatar or Dubai or any GCC countries would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an added advantage.
- Candidate with Qatar Driving License would be a plus advantage.