'We have an immediate requirement for an experienced safety engineer with relevant well services and completion operations expertise, particularly related to unconventional resources, to join the Unconventional Well Completion Operations and Production Engineering team. As a successful candidate you will be responsible for the operational adherence and compliance to company safety/health/environment standards, in addition to implementing, developing and improving tailored in-house policies and procedures. The position requires a wide knowledge and experience in safety and compliance processes/policies, in addition to a deep understanding of unconventional operations, particularly related to rig-less stimulation (hydraulic fracturing) and well intervention operations. As a subject-matter expert you will coach and mentor other safety/compliance staff within the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be required to perform safety and compliance duties, including:
• Act as the department’s single point of contact for matters related to safety, loss prevention, enviroment, occupational health, compliance and operational excellence.
• Implementing the departmental customized version of the leading oil & gas company Safety Management System, and in meeting unconventional rig-less well completion operations’ safety objectives and expectations. This includes assisting engineering, operations and planning teams in upkeeping existing and developing new safety processes related to risk assessment and management, safety training, asset integrity, safe operations, contractor safety, emergency preparedness, incident investigations, etc.
• Conduct frequent scheduled or ad-hoc field inspections of unconventional rig-less well completion operations sites.
• Participate in various safety studies/activities, such as: PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, incident investigations, compliance reviews, or insurance surveys.
• Participate in or lead risk studies or conduct consequence analyses..
• Develop and update operational excellence standards and ensure sound and timely implementation of related OE processes and policies.
• Review engineering designs for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
• Respond to emergency situations and incidents, either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
• Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs, to address safety issues or concerns. Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations.
• Act as a mentor to other OE/compliance engineers.
• Participate in contractor prequalification evaluation activities and review contractor safety submittals for compliance to corporate requirements.
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
As the successful candidate you will hold a bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering discipline, with 9 years of extensive safety, environmental and compliance experience, preferably with a strong background in well completion/intervention/servicing activities in unconventional resources. Knowledge of recent safety and environmental policies applicable to unconventional rig-less completion operations, in addition to experience in conducting and leading incident investigations, are highly desired.