, Posted on April 16, 2018
• To execute the management and governance of the Business Continuity Lifecycle at a Bank-wide level that contributes to maintenance of management-approved levels of assurances of continuity for selected bank-wide functions.
• Contributes to the development of divisional strategy and ensures translation and alignment during the development and monitoring of departmental strategy including objectives, targets and initiatives.
• Recommends improvements to departmental policy and directs the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of the department’s activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers
• Prepares and recommends the department’s budget by preparing analysis and data related to specific elements as directed
• Monitors the financial performance of the department against budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of the department to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and comply with established policies, processes and procedures
• Oversees the Management of Continuity Of Operations (COOP)/Business Continuity Lifecycle, in order to ensure the accurate operation of the Business Continuity Cycle, Disaster Recovery Cycle and Crisis Management Cycle
• Oversees the assessment of Bank-wide Continuity risks for every function of the bank, proposing and upon approval managing and overseeing the business continuity cycle planning cycle, so as to ensure provision of approved levels of assurance.
• Collaborate with the different stakeholders mainly ITD and business to ensure the proper planning and implementation of BC lifecycle
• Guides the implementation of continuity risk and Business Impact Analyses to identify potential impacts of certain strategic disaster scenarios on critical functions within the Bank and propose solutions that will protect the bank from potential losses
• Handles the development of Business Continuity plans for all Bank functions and activities providing assistance and expertise for overcoming any potential danger
• Supports the departments and functions to set up, test and maintain business continuity plans, so as to enhance the protection data and systems
• Develops and ensure the implementation of Business Continuity awareness sessions and cooperate with training department to enhance the skills required to develop, implement, maintain and execute Business Continuity plans.
• Ensure that business continuity cycle is aligned to the regulations and standards set by government authorities and international standards
• In conjunction with relevant departments - oversees the establishment of crisis detection-escalation-management cycle ; mandating required remedial action from concerned division/departments across the bank.
• Oversees the Business Continuity Testing cycle – including test execution, grading - mandating relevant remedial action resulting from this cycle to relevant divisions/departments to ensure that the test provide approved level of assurance.
• Stimulates subordinates and contributes to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement
• Leads and directs the management of change through continuous improvement of division systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans
• Supervises the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet the bank and department requirements, policies and standards
• Represents the function and actively contributes in various committees/meetings (internal and external) as applicable and per authority levels in order to ensure relevant matters are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner
• Ensures all staff have clear objectives, regular performance feedback sessions, formal annual appraisals, and individual development plans, with particular emphasis on the development of talented Saudi national staff
• Ensures and facilitates the employment, training and development of Saudi nationals within the organization
• Ensures compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the department in order to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude
• Performs other related duties or assignments as directed by Head of BT Governance.
Industry Type :
Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferably at a post-graduate level
• 8-10 years of relevant experience in BT operations within a banking organisation including at least 4 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities
• Excellent knowledge of banking BT systems and applications
• Very good knowledge of the banking operations and requirements
• Hand on knowledge and experience in managing Business Continuity Lifecycle
• Familiarity of the programming languages and operating systems used by the Bank, e.g. UNIX, SQL, java, .net, Visual Basic, etc.
BT Banking Operations Business Continuity Cycle Continuity Risk Assessment Cycle Technical & Departmental Connectivity Business Continuity Analyst Banking Disaster Recovery Cycle and Crisis Management Cycle Business Continuity Testing Cycle
Disclaimer: Naukrigulf.com is only a platform to bring jobseekers & employers together. Applicants are advised to research the bonafides of the prospective employer independently. We do NOT endorse any requests for money payments and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information.We also recommend you visit Security Advice for more information. If you suspect any fraud or malpractice, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
People also searched for
Technical Support Services
Additional Information Required
Employer has requested some additional information along with your application for this job