Lead Piping Engineer is responsible in piping design and analysis of an assigned scope of work in a project including specific complex deliverables such as pipe stress analysis, support design, piping specifications, and specialty items.
• Is responsible to become fully knowledgeable of all relevant work processes, systems and tools, to apply them on the projects, and to provide input for improvement when applicable.
• As a senior plotplan designer, independently develop complex plotplans and siteplans of all types of plants, with the use of PFD's, process or mechanical datasheets, etc., in accordance with instructions, specifications, standards, HSE requirements, economics, ergonomics, constructability, operational and maintenance requirements, etc.
• Executes projects as Lead Engineer Piping Design, within the established man-hour budget and schedule
• Defines the discipline scope of work and the required resources, and develops input for the Piping Execution Plan.
• Challenges project requirements where there is room for improvement (value cost engineering).
• Is responsible for planning, scheduling, prioritizing, coordination, communication, work assignments, administration and the technical quality of the work executed.
• Is prepared to adjust priorities if needed in support of Project interests.
• Manages, supervises, and instructs the Piping Engineering team; Reviews and takes responsibility for their work.
• Establishes and maintains interfaces with other disciplines, incl. MOPEX offices, and act as a focal point for technical queries.
• Is responsible that information is distributed to other disciplines on time, and all required deliverables and related piping materials are issued on time.
• Initiates and discusses individual schedules (for isometrics, piping studies, etc.) with all team members, and guides them to achieve these schedules.
• Instructs and encourages his team to execute sound material management throughout the project.
• When required, undertakes field surveys or assignments in support of aforementioned tasks, or as a resident engineer in support of multi-office project execution.
• Participates in Project meetings, Business Team meetings, etc., and is responsible for correct reporting of project status, progress, delays, change notices, performance measurement, lessons learned, close-out, etc.
• Executes Peer reviews and Technical reviews when requested by the department.
• Makes appraisals for team members under his/her supervision.
• As part of a proposal team, supports the proposal effort with respect to scope analysis, work hour estimates, schedule review, etc.
• Accepts tasks of a lower level position when applicable and, in consultation with his/her superior, certain tasks of a higher level.
• Shows flexibility and ensure proper hand-over with regards to:
o The reassignment to other projects.
o The replacement of colleagues during illness and holidays.
o The provision of assistance to other colleagues with heavy workload (also other projects) when possible/ desirable.
o The managing/learning of current future working methods and software applications.
• BS degree (HTO)/MBO (WTB) or equivalent.
• Prefer BSME degree and P.E. certificate of registration
• Has minimum 20 years of experience (including leading a minimum of two large EPC projects)
• Has managed a team of at least 10 people
• Familiar with codes and standards of ASME, API, and ANSI
• Experience of managing Mopex operations
• Current on new scientific engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process
• Capable of appropriate use of computer applications and other specialized engineering tools
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to report in English (verbal, writing).
• Ability to organize and set priorities
• Ability to improvise when required
• Supervisory skills
• Conscious for cost/ schedule/ quality
• Flexible and good-natured under stress.
• Safety and Customer focused.
• Good knowledge of relevant IT systems (incl. 2D and 3D).
• Decision maker
• Team builder
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :