We are hiring for a Leading Freight Forwarding and Land Freight Services company for Manager – Warehouse & Distribution .
Is responsible for
Responsible and accountable for organizing the storage and distribution of goods, stock control, ensuring that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Responsible and accountable for planning, directing, and coordinating the storage and distribution operations
• Responsible and accountable for supervising the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
• Responsible and accountable for planning, developing, and implementing warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
• Responsible and accountable for reviewing invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts in order to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments
• Responsible and accountable for scheduling and monitoring air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
• Responsible and accountable for Interviewing, selecting, and training warehouse and supervisory personnel.
• Responsible and accountable for conferring with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing.
• Responsible and accountable for responding to customers' or shippers' questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
• Responsible and accountable for Inspecting physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets and equipment, and order testing, maintenance, repair, or replacement as necessary.
• Responsible and accountable for developing standard and emergency operating procedures for the department like receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
• Responsible and accountable for examining products or materials in order to estimate quantities or weight and type of container required for storage or transport.
• Responsible and accountable for negotiating with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates
• Responsible and accountable for issuing shipping instructions and providing routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
• Responsible and accountable for preparing and managing departmental budgets.
• Responsible and accountable for evaluating freight costs and the inventory costs associated with transit times in order to ensure that costs are appropriate.
• Responsible for participating in setting transportation and service rates.
• Responsible for evaluating locations for new warehouses and distribution networks in order to determine their potential usefulness.
Interested candidates please forward their updated resumes to email@example.com
Industry Type :
Shipping / Freight
Functional Area :
Logistics / Supply Chain
Desired Candidate Profile
Key Performance Indicator's:
• High quality service provided to customers
• Actual vs. Targeted profitability
• Cost effective method of transporting materials
• Shortest delivery time
• Amount of damage cause during transportation
• Delay in reaching destination
• Number of processes improved
• Number of customer complaints
• Number of delays in taking action on customer complaints
• Timely submission of MIS reports
• Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
• Ability to inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
• Ability to estimate sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
• Ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Master in Business Administration
10-15 years of relevant experience with the last 5 years in a Managerial role