To diagnose and repair mechanical parts of automobiles
Key Responsibility Areas
• Responsible and accountable for examining vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions and confer with internal customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
• Responsible and accountable for disassembling units and inspect parts for wear, using special tools
• Install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
• Responsible and accountable for overhauling or replacing major vehicle components
• Responsible and accountable for performing routine and scheduled preventive maintenance services as per the provided checklist
• Responsible and accountable for reviewing work orders and discussing work with supervisors and plan work procedures, using charts, technical manuals, and experience.
• Repair and/or service heating, engine-cooling, crankshafts and cylinder blocks.
• Repair manual and automatic transmissions; Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes
• Repair and/or replace pistons, rods, gears, valves, bearings, shock absorbers, radiator leaks; Rewire ignition systems
• Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
• Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
• Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges.
• Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :
Installation / Maintenance / Operations / Repair