1. Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the laboratory with the following responsibilities.
2. Performs regular work of laboratory technicians. present to and available in laboratory on time
3. Ensures that periodic maintenance of machines is performed properly.
4. Be aware of policies and procedures of laboratory, properly read each procedure and understand and perform pre analytical and post analytical procedures.
5. Informs the Clinical Pathologist of any problem in machines or at work.
6. Contacts and coordinates with the biomedical engineers or service representative if any problem arises while using Lab Equipment’s.
7. Checks and examines periodic maintenance and daily maintenance is performed routinely for all the instruments by all staff members at all stations.
8. Ensures that daily cleaning and disinfection of lab station is performed properly.
9. Comply to policies and procedures of laboratory at all times
10. Runs tests as requested and issue results on time.
11. Participates in laboratory/Hospital medical education programs.
12. Respects and maintains confidentiality for all patient results.
13. Follows Laboratory Ethics policy.