Desired Candidate Profile
Job Objective –
Reporting to the Managing Director, the job holder is accountable for overall management of the Operations Department, including the Engineering Division. It involves overseeing and having responsibility for all the activities in the organization which contributes to the effective production of goods and services.
Limits on Authority
• Establish and manage the Sections in accordance with our QHSE (Quality Health and Safety Environment Instructions).
• Approved Sections expenditures in accordance with our Expenditure Authorizations Procedures.
• Establish Functional Descriptions for Section personnel and manage the personnel in accordance with our Guidelines for Employment and Training and individual employee contacts.
Key Responsibilities – the main duties, responsibilities, and outputs of the role;
• Strategic objectives: Operations managers must clearly understand the goals of the organization and develop a clear vision of exactly how operations will help achieve them. This also involves translating these goals into implications for the operation's performance, objectives, quality, speed, dependability, flexibility, and cost.
• Developing an operations strategy: Due to the numerous decision-making involved with operations, it is critical that operations managers have a set of guidelines that are aligned with the organization’s long-term goals.
• Designing the operation's products, services, and processes: Design involves determining the physical form, shape and composition of products, services and processes.
• Planning and controlling: This involves deciding what the operations resources should be doing and making sure that it is getting done.
• Improving the performance of operation: Operations managers are expected to continually monitor and improve the overall performance of their operation.
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
• Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
• Oversee overall site management, planning, systems and controls.
• Management of agency in coordination with the Executive Director.
• Organization of documents.
• Regular meetings with Executive Director around planning.
• Supervise and coach office manager on a weekly basis.
• Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
• Production - Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in the production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary.
• Marketing and Customer Service - Manage customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities.
• Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
The principal duties and responsibilities listed above are not exhaustive. Management may assign additional responsibilities in view of changing organisational requirements.
• Graduated in Engineering Degree/technical discipline with engineering level;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• High degree of Compliance to company procedures, loyalty, and productivity.
• Able to work under stress, exemplary work attitude to set the example for others, result orientated to improve project results with a high degree of commitment to find solutions to problems.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Possesses a high degree of maturity, integrity and energy levels, good judgment and listening capability.
• Should be an aggressive go-getter and should be conceptually strong.
• Ability to meet new challenges with an open mind and an optimistic response
• Well-developed interpersonal.
• Excellent organisational, Interpersonal and networking skills.
• Strong analytical and data interpretation capabilities.
• Must be able to Multi-task and handle heavy workload effectively.