The Physical Therapist will assist patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities. Treats disabled patients using standard physical therapy therapeutic interventions such as heat, cold, electricity, traction, ultrasound and exercise. Evaluates patients' motor and neurological capabilities and adapts physical therapy program as appropriate. Therapists will be expected to manage their own caseload, providing second opinions and specialist advice and work alongside multidisciplinary staff to ensure highly specialist therapy programs and care plans are in place for the clients under their care. He/ She will be expected to collaboratively work with patients/ clients, parents/ coworkers, in planning and delivery of services.
The Physical Therapist consistently demonstrates support of the SRH statement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The post holder will participate in team meetings, routinely leading audit and research projects. They will plan, deliver and evaluate specialist training to other professional and patients / coworkers on all aspects of Physiotherapy.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates patient's physical and functional status including muscular strength, motor functions, reflexes, ambulation skills and ability to perform activities of daily living. Observes and interviews patient, review medical history including physician's diagnosis and prescription and administer detailed sensory tests, manual muscle tests, range of motion exams and other evaluation techniques.
2. Performs regular duties and responsibilities of a Physical Therapist.
a. Determines suitability for treatment based on evaluation results. Demonstrates competency in understanding the growth and development of infant, child, adolescent and geriatric patients as measured by specific performance standards and as described by department/unit policies and procedures. Demonstrates the ability to interpret growth and development related information to assure patient needs are met.
b. Establishes therapy goals and formulates a treatment plan based on evaluation results.
c. Decides extent and duration of treatment such as exercise, modalities, balance activities and gait training.
d. Discusses evaluation, goals and treatment with both patient and family.
e. Instructs patients and their families in appropriate exercise program and in use of equipment.
f. Develops and instructs patient/family in home program when appropriate.
g. Participates in discharge planning.
h. Documents evaluation and all progress maintaining records of each patient's condition for physicians and insurance carriers.
3. Selects from a variety of physical therapy treatment modalities such as whirlpool, ultrasounds, massage, biofeedback, paraffin and prosthetics/orthotics and/or monitors or administers the application of treatment.
4. Determines and orders appropriate devices necessary to assist patients in performing physical activities such as wheelchairs, canes, crutches and prosthetic and orthopedic devices. Instructs patient in care and use of same.
5. Provides information and/or attends patient conferences, clinics, medical rounds, in-service education classes and team/family meetings as required.
6. Assists in keeping work area in a clean, sanitary and orderly manner by changing linens on treatment tables/beds and cleaning whirlpools.
7. May participate in the Department education program by teaching and supervising.
8. Contribute to the department and the profession through organizational activities, education, research and/or publications.
9. Participates in research projects as needed.
10. Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of SRH.
Essential: B.Sc Degree in Physical Therapy
Preferred: M.Sc In Physical Therapy
Essential: Minimum of 3 years’ experience
Preferred: Minimum of 5 years’ experience
Certification and License:
Essential: Active CPR certification and HAAD License
Essential: Fluent in English and Arabic (Speaking / Reading / Writing)
Experience in physiotherapy for pediatrics is considered advantageous
Industry Type :
Medical / Healthcare / Diagnostics / Medical Devices
Functional Area :
Doctor / Nurse / Paramedics / Hospital Technicians / Medical Research