Purpose of the Position: Manage installation & upgrade of companies LAN/WAN, HW/SW resources, provide complete local area network & POS installation and configuration of server/workstations/POS/store, physical cabling, and network printer installation. Design, set up and maintain multi-protocol WAN and new systems.
• Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade hardware and software interfaces with the operating system.
• Identify existing and potential performance issues and bottlenecks in Retail system batch processing and recommend a resolution approach.
• Support Retail Application Module along with the Database support and mainly focus on batch processing and RIB.
• Install and configure POS machines & Provide remote support to various clients/shops/Store over tight VNC service.
• Responsible for operation of all information system equipment and for developing maintenance schedules for equipment usage.
• Responsible for day to day user support. User support for software and Hardware problems, vendor correspondences for repairs, services, AMCs, IT purchases and provide guidance.
• Manage the daily and weekly backups using Storage Media Library and software for the critical company data
• Keep computer equipment, hardware, and software updated to meet organizational needs and maintain maximum uptime.
• Recommend adjustments to systems and/or equipment to ensure cost efficient and effective systems/equipment infrastructure.
• Managing and ensuring effectiveness of security solutions including firewalls, anti‐virus solutions, web/ e‐mail filters and intrusion detection systems
• Support and administration of IT Infrastructure, Server Configurations, disaster recovery and backup process, support customer requirements (internal & external), evaluate applications and implementing new systems.
• Perform server checks on a weekly basis to ensure performance of servers is optimum. Perform routine preventive maintenance of LAN, hardware and software.