- Implement and manage a full project within a country organization, as Project Manager reporting towards a Project Director or an Operations Manager. You may be requested to participate as Sr. Technical Office Engineer on a very-large scale project;
- Provide high degree of practical/technical knowledge on project scope with a strong understanding of contract management, vendors and customers relationships (client, local authorities);
- Be responsible for project organization and management, project team structure and functioning, overall site planning, optimum project yield, client/consultant’s relationships, contractual and financial follow-up and budget control;
- Supervise the progress of technical content and site execution, as well as the control and coordination of all sub-contractors. Based on the input of the process design team, supervise the basic design, the detailed engineering, the procurement, the technical and commercial evaluation and integration of (part of) Process, Civil, Piping, MEICA and MEP equipment. Make sure that the implementation of ISO, VCA and environmental procedures is taken care of;
- Analyze and evaluate the project’s progress and resources and reports to higher management for improvements, corrections or for urgent actions needed. Be able to identify and implement improved construction methodologies and techniques to reduce execution costs and operations, as well as to identify potential risks within the project and work around their mitigation or convert them to opportunities;
- Resolve routine operational problems with high degree of independency, through gap analysis on factual information to solve problems with short to mid-term consequences and providing recommendations to a Project Director or Operations Manager. Apply contracts management experience to identify, raise and negotiate Variation Orders and Extension of Time with the Client;
- Co-ordinate efficiently between the different technical teams and departments, maintain and improve quality and operational efficiency of own area by ensuring procedures are followed and by applying local improvements of established operational processes/systems.
Industry Type :
Water Treatment / De-Salination / Waste Management
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
- You have a minimum of 10 years of verifiable relevant working experience in the field of water projects such as municipal/industrial wastewater treatment plant, potable water treatment plant, RO plant, pumping station, sludge treatment process, etc;
- You have the experience to drive the project execution within budget, within time and in full compliance with the given safety and quality standards, and to understand and convey to others the basic treatment processes of water projects;
- You are autonomous, flexible and a team-player, you like to take initiatives and you are able to speak before teams. You are willing to work abroad and to travel to the job site as assigned.