Responsible for analyzing the organization's purchasing decisions to evaluate their effectiveness. This position is accountable for the creation of data-driving tools, ensuring accuracy and validity of the tools, then providing informative reports to support the Purchasing Team decision making. Team member is responsible for supporting the Vendor Purchasing Team, our vendors and the Sales Analytics Team by providing coherent data construction that will provide relevant business insights. Conduct on-going maintenance of information, ensuring accuracy, integrity and valid reporting to promote vendor understanding, price change information and product change information.
Duties and responsibilities
• Analyze and document options for procurement of materials, goods, and services.
• Maintain and update vendor database and contact information.
• Analyze and report on purchasing metrics, creating standard and ad hoc reports.
• Compare and evaluate goods and contracts to recommend strategies.
• Conduct data mining and running of ad-hoc intelligence reports as needed.
• Work closely with the Purchasing and Sales teams to support accurate reporting tools and information.
• Responsible for providing departmental project and research support which would include project definition, vendor identification, data collection, comparison analysis, findings summary, and recommendations.
• Responsible for preparing assigned departmental reports to include collecting all necessary data, reviewing data for accuracy, and providing documented explanations as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
• Education equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
• A minimum of five years previous work experience in a corporate purchasing support or analyst role.
• Project Management tools and techniques: scope, schedules, resources, quality, time, cost, etc.
• Strong working knowledge of purchasing program administration, on-line requisitioning, contract administration, travel, meeting planning, supplier sourcing, office management, vendor analysis, and program evaluation.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, SharePoint, Access, and PowerPoint. Proficiency should be at an intermediate to advanced level with the ability to design and create presentations and spreadsheets, and databases.
• Strong working knowledge of Excel and related functions such as VLOOKUP, nested IF AND & OR statements, advanced Pivot Tables functions, etc.
• Ability to work with disparate data sources.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals throughout the company as well as build relationships with vendors.
• Strong listening and evaluating skills with the ability to design creative solutions to problem situations.
• Strong math and numerical data analysis skills and strong attention to detail.
• Able to work independently, prioritize assignments, and achieve desired results.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
• Strong organizational skills for daily work projects as well as with paper and electronic files.
• High level of communication skills – oral and written
• Collaborative working
• Highly organized and structured
• Ability to multi task
• Attention to detail
1. Candidates needs to come from a manufacturing background with SAP knowledge and relevant experience
2. We are mainly looking for Europeans (preferable)(can accept other candidates of other nationality if they are exceptionally good) as the roles will mainly support Europe office and will be interacting with clients in Europe.
3. English and any European language is desired.
4. Excellent Analytical Skills
If you are interested, please send the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further:
1. Updated word format resume
2. Present salary
3. Expected salary
4. Notice period to join
Industry Type :
Functional Area :
Buying / Purchase / Procurement / Vendor Management