Urgent requirement for – Dubai, UAE
Position –Quantity Surveyor
Organization – Client of MorgenAll Management Consultants
Nationality – Srilankan
Job Location – Dubai, UAE
Salary – 6000-8000 AED
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Will attend all internal and external pre-commencement meetings.
• Will draft and send enquiries to the subcontractors; evaluate tenders on return; interview and negotiate with subcontractors if necessary; discuss potential problems; and advise Contracts / Project Manager in placing a subcontractor
• Will prepare subcontract order in line with the contract requirement and company’s standard procedures
• Will prepare and pricing Daily and/or Weekly Day work sheets for signature
• Will prepare Interim Payment Application for submission to Employer’s Representative.
• Will monitor payments from all Employers to ensure cash is received on time and in full, including the timely issue and agreement of QS evaluations and Architect’s/ Engineer’s/ Supervising Officer’s certificates
• Will calculate liabilities to Subcontracts showing realistic figures and a prudent allowance for reserves.
• Will prepare Payment Certificates and agree Subcontractors’ accounts including final accounts.
• Prepare/assist with tenders and subsequent accounts for work ancillary to the main contract.
• Prepare and agree final accounts.
• Review the status of retentions, and advise and liaise with Project Managers to enable them to ensure timely receipt of Practical Completion and End of Defects Liability Certificates.
• Notify the Employer or Employer’s Representative of any claim for Extension of Time and/or disruption, and assemble supporting information
• Day to day notification in conjunction with the Project Manager.
• Periodical or monthly review of the overall effect on a project in conjunction with the Commercial Manager and Project Manager.
• Prepare and evaluate claims and negotiate their settlement in conjunction with the Project Manager.
• Prepare cost and value comparisons for monthly account meetings for individual projects .
• Produce monthly comparison with target values of preliminary costs for discussion with site management.
• Produce monthly comparison with target values for Subcontract Orders let, and include returns from Employers for individual projects.
• Attend strategy meetings as and when called by Group Commercial Manager / Commercial Manager.
• Attend accounts meetings.
• Monitor archiving and disposing of documents in accordance with procedure.
• Securing of documents on project completion, when clearing site office on financial settlement of the project.
• Act as delegated QS to monitor the training and progress of individual Quantity Surveyors, and report to the Group Commercial Manager / Commercial Manager any significant changes or additional experience, which should be implemented.
Desired Candidate Profile
Expected Requirements/Skills of the Quantity Surveyor
1. Sound knowledge in Quantity Surveying practices in steel structure construction.
2. Sound contractual and commercial acumen.
3. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Ability to complete the project on time and within the budget.
5. Good negotiation skills.
6. Quality awareness.
7. A proven team leader through his experience and professional achievements