Mediclinic Middle East is part of Mediclinic International, one of the top 10 listed private hospital groups in the world with 52 healthcare facilities in Southern Africa, 14 in Switzerland under the name Hirslanden AG and 10 in the UAE. Their headquarters are in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
We are the largest private healthcare provider in the UAE.
Mediclinic City Hospital, upon its conception in 2008, was the first multi-disciplinary hospital in Dubai Healthcare City. As a state-of-the-art healthcare facility and JCI accredited, it has continued to dominate Dubai’s healthcare landscape in terms of the quality of its medical staff, the breadth of services it offers and the standard of equipment it operates.
With 229 beds, Mediclinic City Hospital can accommodate patients with a wide range of individual health requirements. We offer specialist-focused treatment in the areas of cardiology, radiology, gynaecology, trauma, nuclear medicine, endocrinology , obstetrics, neonatal care, oncology and many others. We offer advanced levels of diagnosis and treatment, ensuring every patient receives the highest levels of international-standard healthcare.
Registered Nurse in Post Natal Ward should be able to :
• Provide nursing care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. This includes establishing a nursing care plan and goals for the mother and her baby.
• Act appropriately in emergency situations
• Assesses, or assists the medical team with the assessment of the patient and her newborn.
• Be able to detect deviations from the norm and act accordingly
• Maintain a good rapport with the patient and family. Show respect and compassion
• Answer, or direct family and patient questions to the correct person, keeping in mind the awareness of the diverse cultural complement in the UAE
• Administer medications as prescribed
• Participate in promoting Evidence Based international acceptable standards of care and encourage a maternal and baby friendly environment in the unit
• Educate the mother and her husband on the baby’s needs.
• Educate the mother on breast feeding, and postnatal care and changes.
• Let the mother and husband participate actively in the care of the newborn.
• Maintain and care for all equipment
• Participate in ongoing education
Industry Type :
Medical / Healthcare / Diagnostics / Medical Devices
Functional Area :
Doctor / Nurse / Paramedics / Hospital Technicians / Medical Research
Desired Candidate Profile
The Registered Nurse / Midwife provides advanced clinical care within the Post Natal Ward, by supporting the functioning of the unit through the application of evidence based and best practice, education, team work and a patient and family centered model of care.
Minimum of three years nursing experience after graduation.
• Two/three years previous experience in a Post Natal Unit; preferably in a private hospital
• Trained in Advanced Neonatal Life Support (NRP)
• Ability to deliver advanced maternity care in complex situations (high risk patients post delivery.)
• Ability to assess, observe, monitor and act (when needed) for post delivery patients and their baby/babies.
• Ability to have clear communication with multidisciplinary team
• Ability to report and document patient progress and any response to treatment/procedures
• Ability to provide emotional and psychological support to the patient, husband and her family
• Knowledge of internationally acceptable standards of maternal and healthy new born care
• Extensive knowledge and education on breast feeding is essential