We are looking for Sales Manager - Freight Forwarding for UAE.
The position is responsible for achieving the revenue and profitability targets set for the Freight Forwarding business; as well as for supporting the Warehouse and Transport team in developing business.
1. Contribute in the annual plan of TW Logistics.
2. Allocate the target amongst team members and plan their territories / customer verticals.
3. Monitor achievement of targets against budgets by reviewing sales performance.
4. Jointly with GM devise a plan for growing strategic / key customers.
1. Retain and grow customers by:
a.developing key accounts;
c.meeting customers regularly at pre-defined intervals; and
2. Ensure pricing structure for sea carriers and air carriers are in place.
3. Secure credit limit with carriers for both sea and air.
4.Drive Import sales as per plans laid down by management on FTL’s and products.
5. Maintain good relations with overseas agents.
6. Manage receivables within set limits by:
a Ensuring customers are given credit within the set limits; and
b.Meeting the collection team on a weekly basis and sorting out issues on outstandings.
7. Oversees Airport office.
1. Manage, motivate and develop team to achieve budgeted targets.
2. Ensure team training and development targets are achieved within the set time frames.
3. Ensure performance appraisals of team members are completed within specified time lines.
Apart from the duties and responsibilities listed above, any other additional duties as advised by the management from time to time.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
1. Achievement of revenue and profitability targets.
2. Expansion of customer database.
3. Ensure debtors outstanding are maintained at agreed level and collections are timely.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
The position can take decisions on markets to cover, number of sales visits to be made, sales target allocation, profitability on each job, and annual leave plan of team members. Customer service related decisions for the Dubai Airport operations are also taken.
During vacation the team members manage their respective clients, overseen by the HoU.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT POLICIES; COMMITMENT TO ISO STANDARDS:
1. Adherence to the QHSE Management Systems as detailed in the ISO Manual and the related work procedures and instructions.
2. To follow ISO procedures and maintain the records for the department as per the standard.
Regular office environment, with daily market visits.
The position works closely with the Operations, Transport, Documentation and Customer Service teams. Regular interactions with overseas agents, shipping lines and customers are also required.
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :
Sales / Business Development