This position is for a Lead Scheduler who will be reporting to the Project Manager on site. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and reporting project schedule and progress.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced deliverable based environment.
• Understand contract requirements, and risk management and mitigation.
• Promptly notify the Project Controls Manager and Senior Management of issues and concerns.
• Proficient with Earned Value Management, VOWD & progress measurement
• Assists project team in resolution of issues involving cost and schedule changes
• Establishes & maintains common methods & standard reporting format for management reports
• Review schedules prepared by contractors to ensure appropriate level of details and structure are applied to ensure effective progress monitoring and project control
• Ensure schedules generated for a project are fully integrated and resource-loaded in order to ensure the accuracy of projected staffing requirements
• Ensure compliance of industry procedures and practices
• Set up, implement, and maintain project schedule related key performance indicators
• Obtains data on project progress, logic and manpower from Project Leads, contractors or other project/operations personnel. Review / validate expected milestone dates on new projects assisting in the setting of milestone targets as required
• Conduct schedule review meetings and assist in developing alternatives to accommodate changes to project plans and communicate any deviations of current plan to the project team
• Facilitate quantitative schedule risk analysis model development and monte-carlo simulation to review and communicate data driven forecasts
• Interfaces between senior management, Construction Managers, and Lead Project Coordinators to gather data and adjust scheduling parameters.
• Monitor and evaluate project schedule progress; identify conflicts and developing issues
• Analyze critical path and constraints, report variances to project team, and offer guidance and strategies to correct
• Provide recommendations for schedule improvement based on actual or potential impact of design changes and work performance
• Command of the English language essential.
• Competent in the use of all Microsoft office tools, with particular expert use of Excel.
• Strong 5-10+ years of construction scheduling experience in Oil & Gas; experience with tank project/s highly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in a construction, engineering, or business-related field is preferred
• Proficiency in baseline scheduling, construction methods, and reporting methodologies
• Full knowledge of critical path analysis, scope of work, drawings, and specifications
• Proficiency in CPM, resource loading, coding, and cost accounts
• Excellent critical thinking skills with a deep sense of accountability and business savvy
• Must have experience working with multi-national companies
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :