Our client based in UAE is looking for a Senior Auditor for its firm.The ideal candidate must have 10 year experience in same filed and responsible for--
A-Performs professional internal auditing work to deliver the internal audit plan. Work involves conducting projects, performance,operational, financial and compliance audit engagements; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; and providing input to the development of the annual internal audit plan.
B-Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and completes all internal audit work in compliance with the IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and the approved audit methodology for the department.
C-Works under limited supervision with moderate latitude for
initiative and independent judgment.
1.Participate in developing the annual and strategic audit plan by assessing the project and corporate risks and developing a risk register according to the internal audit methodology.
2. Ensures that sufficient information is gathered and planning is conducted prior to the commencement of an audit assignment as per the planning check-list. This would also entail mapping and analysing the relevant processes.
3. Compile a risk and control matrix for each audit and design an audit programme to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of mitigating controls.
4. Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, prepares working papers, and assists with investigations as required.
5. Identifies, develops and documents audit issues and recommendations for improvement with adequate supporting evidence and in line with the methodology contained in the Internal Audit manual.
6. Agrees with the draft recommendations with management and compiles the audit findings into a draft report clearly stating the criteria, condition, cause, effect and recommendation for review by the Internal Audit Director & the CIA.
7. Follow up with management to ensure the timely implementation of the agreed action plans and update the monitoring log accordingly.
8. Play a proactive role by coordinating with the project team and the risk management team to keep Internal Audit up to date with the emerging risks.
Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
10. Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
Knowledge of internal auditing and accounting principles and
practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
Knowledge of the auditing standards and ethics.
Knowledge of management information systems terminology,concepts, and practices in an auditing context.
Knowledge of contemporary risk management, control, and controlframeworks in mega construction projects.
Knowledge of project management and construction contracts.
Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud in construction projects.
Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating
information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
Skill in planning and engagement management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, systems documentation, audit packages, and other business software to prepare work-papers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement.Ability to establish and maintain harmonious team-oriented working relationships with co-workers, agency staff, and external contacts, and work effectively in a professional team environment.
Knowledge of English: Arabic preferred.
Planning and organizing skills
Self-management and ability to work under pressure
Investigative and report writing skills
Concern for order/attention to details
Industry Type :
Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area :
Accounts / Taxation / Audit / Company Secretary