Experience: 12 - 25
| Opening: 1
Education:Basic - Bachelor of Technology/Engineering(Electrical, Electronics/Telecomunication)
Nationality: Any Nationality
Industry Type: Construction / Civil Engineering
Salary:$3,001 - $4,000
Functional Area:Engineering Mar 18, 2018
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
In the Middle East, we are working on some of the world's most iconic and complex projects. We take pride in helping our clients to realise their ambitions by offering our unique, local knowledge whilst leveraging our worldwide expertise. Our people, their expertise and the accountability we hold, for the future of our communities, make us unique.
We are looking for a Senior engineer - Dry Utilities to produce engineering design solutions, models, reports and obtain authority approvals for single and multi-disciplinary design projects.
The key objectives of the role will be to;-
• Produce engineering solutions which consider cost, constructability and sustainability
• Successfully obtain authority approvals for design documentation
Role duties will include the following;-
• Design electrical power networks including HV, MV, & LV for masterplan and highway projects
• Design street lighting for masterplan and highway projects
• Design telecom ducting network for masterplan and highway projects
• Design right of way cross sections for dry utilities
• Produce reports, drawings, calculations and presentations
• Liaise with local authorities regarding dry utility design proposals on behalf of the client
• Advise and present engineering solutions to clients and stakeholders
• Submit designs to local authorities and follow up to obtain approvals
• Use AutoCAD, Dialux, ETAP, and Microsoft office to produce my deliverables
• Be a self-starter and take work ownership.
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience
• BEng /BSc (Hon) or equivalent discipline with minimum 10 years post graduate experience
• Member of/working towards associated Professional body membership
• Modelling of street lighting networks
• Detailed design of engineering solutions such as electrical power network HV, MV, and LV.
• Good report writing skills
• Compiling authority approval documentation in accordance with local authority standards to obtain NOC approvals.
We are a Great Place to Work© and take pride in attracting, developing and engaging the best professionals in our fields of expertise. We are problem-solvers who evolve, improve, modernise and excel. We know our solutions will shape the communities of tomorrow and help societies thrive sustainably. We embrace change and have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence.
As one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms, we are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. www.wsp.com