Directly supervises Shift Staff in the processing plant across multiple areas including processing, maintenance technicians, cleaning team. Ensure that received chicken is processed as per the production schedule.
• Lead and manage all poulty processing activities on assigned shift within the Processing Plant
• Works to achieve standards within the Processing Plant with regards to safety, quality, productivity and delivery
• Practice, encourage, and reinforce safe, healthy, and environmentally sound behaviors in a team environment
• Implement and support systems that create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for processing plant operations (receiving, weighting, washing, slaughtering, defeathering, eviscerating, disinfecting, chilling, sorting and packaging)
• Coordinate with Broiler Section team to receive the chicken and ensure adherence to production schedule
• Notify the maintenance team in case of any breakdowns and ensure that staff follows good practices to keep the machinery clean
• Prepare production and operating reports and resolves operational, production scheduling, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
• Ensure compliance to cleaning schedule for the processing plant
• Ensure waste disposal as per guidelines
• Prepare timely reports for distribution to internal customers; maintain accurate records and files
• Ensure compliance to AFLP’s Quality System and HCCAP/ISO standards within processing plant
• Adhere to departmental budgets and ensure optimal utilization of all available resources
• Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, to ensure work is completed out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a world class service.
• Carry-out cost-efficient usage of all resources at disposal to reduce wastage and unnecessary expense.
• Share ideas and viewpoints to further streamline processes, thus driving efficiency and improvements across the organization
• Comply to all relevant QHSSE management procedures and controls across the department so that AFLP provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its employees.
• Stay updated with on-going change and cascade approved communication to the layers below.
• Collect and share ideas and viewpoints to further streamline systems,
Agriculture / Dairy / Poultry / Livestock
Production / Manufacturing
Desired Candidate Profile
• 6+ years of related experience of which a minimum of 2 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Food Processing
• HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) – Preventive Food Safety Certification is a plus
• Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effectiveness in manufacturing
• Knowledge of HACCP
• Knowledge of quality systems and standards
• Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance