● Setting up of the data centre including the servers, and the other primary and secondary supporting infrastructure like backup drives, disaster recovery systems, antistatic flooring, precision air-conditioning, UPS etc.,
● is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operations, R&D and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure in terms of operating systems & related SW, DBMS systems, client systems etc.,
● ensures that HW and SW related procedures adhering to organization’s values and policies like that of morality, security etc.,
● will assist project teams with SW and HW infrastructure planning during the initial phases of projects
● will contribute to the projects in technical strategy, with continuous R&D within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions
● will attend to issues and make sure the technical (HW and SW) platform is constructed and maintained efficiently so as to form a strong foundation for the projects
1. Setting up and maintaining data centre including the servers, and the other primary and secondary supporting infrastructure like backup drives, disaster recovery systems, antistatic flooring, precision air-conditioning, UPS etc.,
2. New/rebuild existing servers, Networks, configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc., in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
3. Creation and administration of infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other systems
4. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
5. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale to support the project teams
Operations and Support
6. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
7. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
8. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
9. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
10. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
11. Provide support per request from various departments. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
12. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted departments.
13. Apply OS and other software patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
14. Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
15. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
16. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
17. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
18. Maintain data centre environmental, monitoring equipment and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
Industry Type :
General Trading / Export / Import
Functional Area :
System Administration / Network Administration / Security (IT Software)
Desired Candidate Profile
4 to 6 years proven working experience in HW/Networking and SW system administration in Web technologies Products development companies
Training/Certification/Working experience in Certifications in HW, Networking, Linux, Magento, Odoo,.and other open source software are added advantages
Woking with multiple operating systems, development environments with multiple programming languages, development frameworks, RDBMS systems & tools