• Implement Organizational Capacity Assessments with partners in the region, supporting partners capacity strengthening action plans in close collaboration with the organization s leadership. Follow-up on partners organizational priorities, identify trainings or other opportunities for accomplishing each organizations goals, monitoring achievements, and conducti follow-up assessments to track each partners growth in order to generate evidence and identify successful activities that can be scaled-up. Deliver and/or oversee delivery of curriculum based trainings on a regular or ad hoc basis, depending on partner needs.
• Provide customized mentoring follow ups at organizational and individual levels
• Support the development of OD technical documents, abstracts, presentations and reports documenting achievements, lessons learnt and other findings related to the project to support IRC staff capacity strengthening in sub-award management in the region.
• Provide or coordinate with other IRC strategic program guidance and technical support for the partners programs, through provision of support to field staff and partner organizations as required.
• Develop and/or refine existing IRC capacity strengthening curriculum to fit local context and capacity.
• Refine organizational development tools and recommend best approaches for the staff and partner capacity development, building on existing IRC knowledge and experience.
• Contribute to the development of capacity strengthening standards and best practices.
• Ensure that established good partnership and partner strengthening practices are shared with IRC staff across the region as well as in IRC global as requested.
• Develop and coordinate the implementation of Annual Partnership Workshops, tailored to the needs of current partners, encouraging partners to present topics and cross-partner learning. This includes arranging logistics, travel and budget management for the workshops.
• Provide peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and support for IRC staff in the region, particularly field trainings and events, and other forms of staff capacity-strengthening, in coordination with the program team.
• Provide input in refining IRC s existing organizational development tools and organizational assessment monitoring and evaluation.
• Identifying international and/or national consultants or service providers, drafting their scope of work, follow up on their recruitment, monitor work progress and process payments.
• Follow up on partner s logistics, travel and reimbursements.
• Collect all capacity strengthening interventions from different sectors and organize them in IRC filing system.
• Maintain close communication and positive working relations at all times with relevant implementing partners.
• Contribute to proposal development to mobilize additional resources to support the growth of IRC s capacity building activities in the region.
• Lead in program monitoring, evaluating, learning and periodic reporting related to capacity building.
• Contribute to the development of annual work plans, performance monitoring systems and tools, and writing of program reports.
• Contribute to regular donor reporting on capacity strengthening as they relate to program outcomes and activities.
• Ensuring plans are implemented and followed up technically, financially, and administratively.
• Ensuring plans, tools, and tasks are always altered according to changing circumstances and lessons learned to achieve best results.
• Coordinate between IRC colleagues and partner s colleagues to facilitate project support interventions
Staff Management and Development
• Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance.
• Offer support for successful adherence by staff to IRC s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Deputy Director of Partnerships
Position directly supervises: none
Other Internal and/or external contacts: the position regularly corresponds and attends meetings with external and internal audiences, thus a strong ability to communicate and maintain positive working relationships is highly desirable for this positon.
Internal: Technical Coordinators, Partnerships Department Staff, Finance team, Supply Chain team.
External: Partner staff, occasional coordination meetings with other INGOs ; Relevant stakeholders, both GO and INGO, Syrian, Turkish and Jordanian NGOs.
The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Minimum of 5-7 years work experience with an NGO in an international context.
• Fluent and excellent written and spoken Arabic AND English. Candidates will be required to take written and oral English and Arabic language tests to confirm their fluency and the quality of their language skills.
• Proven experience working in NGOs/INGO capacity building programs in the Middle East region, ideally in relief and/or post conflict settings.
• Understanding of the status and challenges facing CSOs in the Middle East, particularly those operating in Syria and Turkey
• Proven ability to provide flexible and high-quality capacity strengthening support to both IRC partners and internal IRC staff.
• Strong knowledge of, and experience with organizational development of CSOs in challenging environments, and ability to inform content, materials development, methodology of organizational development activities.
• Experience developing curricula, training materials and assessment tools for organizational development.
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
• Strong training, facilitation and coaching skills in international, multicultural settings.
• Proven ability to work well in and promote teamwork, thrive in a multi-cultural environment, be flexible and handle pressure with professional grace.
• Proven understanding of adult learning theory and organizational development, change management, and/or how organizations function in community or multinational settings
• Experience with e-learning tools and the using technology remotely to achieve adult learning.
• Ability to identify and mobilize resources to support IRC s capacity strengthening work in the region.
• Experience managing staff and a commitment to team building, mentorship, and staff development.