Major Responsibilities for both Research and M&E:
• Coordinate with field level program teams to ensure that M&E and research data collection aligns with program implementation timelines and processes.
• Facilitate and recommend (as needed) updates to paper and electronic data collection tools and oversight/quality control on data entry via tablets or Excel for both research and M&E.
• Ensure that data collection for M&E and research are appropriate for interventions involving children ages 0 to 8 years and their families who are participating in early childhood development interventions.
• Ensure program resources are applied efficiently and effectively to achieve objectives within established timeframes according to program research and M&E plans.
• Make sure that deliverables are completed according to plan and are of high quality, in accordance with the overall project M&E and research plans.
• Contribute to producing high quality and varied M&E and research outputs for a range of audiences including analysis, report writing and presentations where necessary, in collaboration with other MER Officers and the Senior RMEAL Officer.
• Contribute to identifying and synthesizing good practices and lessons learned for M&E, research, and program implementation.
• Foster and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as New York University researchers, IRC program implementation and M&E teams, and respondent communities.
• Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of research and M&E teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Facilitate and provide leadership for field level data collection and reporting to ensure implementation of clear M&E processes and collection of high quality data in assigned region of Lebanon.
• Monitor and manage IRC staff and external enumerators during M&E data collection: check progress and assist in resolving challenges or issues, in collaboration with the Senior RMEAL Manager.
• Accurately collect, enter, compile and clean M&E data to report progress towards project objectives with minimal errors. Data will be collected on project outcomes and outputs, using tools such as program registration and attendance records, beneficiary feedback surveys, observational measures of child development, and other assessments as outlined in the M&E plan.
• Support the Senior M&E Officer in preliminary quantitative and qualitative analysis of M&E data as needed.
• Coordinate closely with the Senior M&E Officer to ensure that M&E timelines and targets are being met.
• Provide feedback as required on field level observations and monitoring results to the Senior RMEAL Manager, Senior M&E Officer and ECD program team.
• Under the guidance of the Senior RMEAL Manager and New York University researchers, support in reviewing and finalizing the research plans for ECD in Lebanon, and contribute to drafting of work plans, data collection tools, and field monitoring tools for each research activity.
• Supervise external teams of enumerators for qualitative and quantitative data collection, including creating field data collection plans, monitoring progress towards sample size targets, and conducting quality checks to ensure that data is collected appropriately and accurately according to research plans.
• Ensure that high quality research data is recorded and stored in an organized and secure system, and is easily retrievable and reportable on a regular and frequent basis.
• Support the Senior RMEAL Manager and Senior Research Officer, using statistical and analytical software tools, to analyze data according to plans.
• Work with the Senior Research Officer, the ECD Coordinator, the ECD Senior Quality and Capacity Building Officer, MEAL team, and New York University to provide timely updates and reports on research activities as needed.
Key Working Relationships:
• Position Reports to: Senior RMEAL Manager
• Position directly supervises: Field enumerators for research and M&E
• Indirect Reporting: Senior Research Officer and Senior M&E Officer
• Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: The position closely works with the Senior RMEAL Manager, Senior M&E Officer and the Senior Research Officer to communicate what information is already being collected.
External: New York University researchers
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health or other relevant field.
• Between 1 to 2 years of relevant working experience in managing field level data collection of quantitative and qualitative data for M&E and/or research.
• Demonstrated experience in conducting quality checks during quantitative and qualitative data collection.
• Demonstrated experience and capacity in conducting field-level quantitative and qualitative data collection and data entry using paper and electronic tools.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data cleaning and analysis.
• Previous experience in drafting reports of M&E or research results.
• Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility, ability to coordinate and build consensus.
• Personal qualities: works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, detail oriented, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
• Fluency in Arabic and proficiency in English required.
• Certification or specific training in Statistics, Information Management and/or Data Management
• INGO experience
• Fluency in English
Working Environment : There will be four MER Officer positions, one based in Tripoli, one in Akkar, one in Beirut, and one in Zahle. This position will be based in the Beirut. MER Officers are expected to travel to the field in Lebanon throughout the North, Bekaa, Beirut, and potentially South if needed.