Requisition ID: req6722
Job Title: Procurement Officer - Tripoli
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Tripoli, Libya
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for the efficient coordination and management of procurement functions for IRC s office in Tripoli. Supply Chain must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Specific responsibilities include,
• The implementation and / or maintenance of standard IRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and templates.
• Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices.
• Attend all the procurement committee meetings.
• Coordination with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
• Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
• Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
• Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment required are delivered in time.
• Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
• Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items, and be informed of current local market conditions.
• Support and provide the appropriate training for procurement and program staff as required.
• Manage Procurement staff (Assistant etc).
• Advise the Supply Chain Manager/Coordinator of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
• Source appropriate rental properties for viewing, as required. Maintain a sense of market prices for property rental.
• Any other duties or tasked delegated by Supply Chain Manager/Supply Chain Coordinator.
• Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Supply Chain Manager and Supply Chain Coordinator.
• Generate and / or maintain an IRC Pre-qualified Vendor database.
• Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment purchased by IRC
• Produce routine cash / payment projections for Supply Chain Coordinator and Finance.
• Submit monthly list of commitments to Supply Chain Coordinator and Finance
• Produce routine purchase status reports for Supply Chain Coordinator, Programs and Finance.
• Ensure the online Purchase Request Tracking System is kept up to date.
• Strong sense of personal integrity.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong supervisory skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
• Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
• Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
• Three years work experience in procurement, at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
• Holder of a valid driving license
• Competent in spoken and written English
• Good mathematical skills.
• Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.