As the Middle East Innovation Hub builds out its portfolio of projects, the team will need an experienced and highly motivated Operations Manager to support the operationalization of all new hub activities, the establishment of partnerships with relevant local actors, and the integration of projects within the broader regional and country organizational support structures. The Operations Coordinator will be the person responsible for taking promising ideas bringing them to reality, ensuring that all operational needs are met for projects to run in the most efficient way possible in order to maximize impact and learnings.
General cross- hub support
Maintain overview of all Innovation Hub work, including maintaining common workplan and budget documents
Provide administrative and logistical support to the Innovation Hub team, including meeting preparation, communications, travel, expenses and documents management.
Support budget management for the team s spend by processing purchase requests and purchase orders, processing invoices and payments, and acting as a point of contact on budget vs. actual status.
Act as the primary point person for all operations with country and regional offices, including supply chain, finance, HR, and partnerships.
Ensure smooth processing of all paperwork related to travel, hiring, purchasing, and partnering.
Ensure strong linkage and two-way communications between Innovation Hub projects and Jordan and Lebanon country programs.
Help ensure meetings and internal conferences run as smoothly and efficiently as possible, by managing invites and conference call details, organizing meeting logistics, booking facilities, preparing meeting materials, preparing minutes and actions, and coordinating follow-ups.
Support the recruitment and orientation of new team members, including HR paperwork, desk and computer set-up, and arranging interview and orientation schedules.
Program design and proposal development
Contribute to program design and development, in particular leading on developing budgets, advising on required staffing, etc.
Ensure issues of gender equality and protection mainstreaming are integrated into program design
Project planning and early implementation management
Working with project teams, develop all required project planning tools (implementation plans, procurement plans, spending plans, M&E plans) and ensure that these are consistently updated, shared and used on a monthly basis
Lead set-up of all operational elements of new projects, including procurement, vendor selection, grant opening meetings, and establishment of all required systems and integration where needed with established IRC/country program processes
Lead design and documentation of any relevant project processes or systems, drawing on design research and user journeys to develop SOPs
Work with country program teams to identify critical intractable bottlenecks and work with appropriate counterparts within the IRC to propose solutions.
Provide general ad-hoc support to large scale innovation projects implemented in Jordan and Lebanon, where necessary acting as deployable program staff (ie. act as fixer ).
Start-up personnel management
Oversee recruitment of all hub and project staff, ensuring transparent processes adhering to IRC s policies and procedures
Manage, onboard, and coordinate training of early team, ensuring capacity to fully implement program activities
Conduct regular one to one meetings with direct supervisees and ensure objective setting and performance reviews in line with IRC s Performance Management System; ensure that these systems are cascaded to all program staff
Plan and execute smooth transition to steady state management structure
Provide on-going problem-solving guidance for project staff regarding programmatic issues, planning issues, and difficulties encountered with local authorities and partners
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Regional Innovation Director
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Strategy and Communications Specialist, Design Specialist, HQ innovation team staff, Jordan and Lebanon Country Program Directors, Deputy Directors, and Finance, Supply Chain, and Human Resource Departments
External: Various relevant local NGO, governmental, and private sector actors
• Bachelor's degree required, Master s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
• Minimum 6 years of prior work experience in program design, start-up, and implementation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of regional context and existing capital with local actors
• Results-driven and solution-oriented approach to work, proven personal initiative and an ability to respond proactively and positively to ambiguity
• Demonstrated track record of success in emergency and humanitarian response settings and a strong understanding of humanitarian and development programming
• Experience in an international NGO strongly preferred.
• Excellent leadership, coordination, capacity building, planning and analytical skills
• Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties as well as in group and workshop facilitation
• A drive to use skills for social impact and a dedication to making the world a better place for the most vulnerable.
• Fluency in English and Arabic required