Requisition ID: req7338
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer - Al Hol, Al Hasakah
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
• Lead Supply Chain team in Al Hol assuring better understanding and maximum support to meet deadlines.
• Develop activities tracker and update on scheduled tasks to SCC on every Thursday before close of business.
• Hold regular meetings with SCC and update on any challenges and steps taken to address them before they arise.
• Schedule visits to partner organization to ensure that minimum standards in the areas of procurement and stock management are in place.
• Work with team to ensure quality service delivery to programs against planned and emergency requests.
• Ensure buffer stock of basic supplies is always above replenishment line, and coordinate with programs on raising requests in a timely manner.
• Liaise with SC team in Hasakeh and Derek to ensure consistent archiving and reporting.
• Supply Chain activities are carried out in compliance with IRC and donor standards.
• Documentary records are updated and archived in sequential order to avoid audit observations.
• Operational services are cost effective, efficient, and transparent.
• Conduct spot check for all supply chain functions to ensure that the documents are complete and ready for any sort of official review.
• Read, understand, and implement standards involved in procurement as defined in manual and SOPs.
• Follow-up with program and support the teams to submit purchase requests.
• Manage to procure all necessary items for programs, offices and residences.
• Materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
• Maintain the IRC Purchase Request Tracking Sheet and submit routine reports to the Supply Chain Cooridnator.
• Prepare procurement contracts and POs.
• Update Purchase Request tracker.
• Ensure that payments are submitted to finance department without any delays.
• Coordinate with finance team in clearing payments against procured supplies and obtained services.
• Hold meetings with program teams, and update on supply chain information required.
• Hold meetings with suppliers/service providers to negotiate prices in the best interest of program activities.
• Establish and maintain an ethical and professional working relationships with suppliers and service providers in the best interest of program activities.
• Update suppliers/service data base on monthly basis.
• Conduct regular market surveys to ensure that IRC is receiving the best value for money.
• Maintain a complete filing system for all procurement related documents according to IRC Procurement Manual.
• Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
• Hold a meeting with the Supply Chain team at Hasakeh/Derek to reconcile Asset Register to make sure that information is correct and nothing is found missing.
• Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Coordinator in a timely manner.
• Conduct monthly stock reconciliation making sure that bin card balances, ledger balances and physical balances are matched.
Transportation / Fleet
• Manage fleet at Al Hol Camp.
• Implement IRC Cross border vehicle policy for rental vehicles/drivers.
• Implement and direct IRC standard vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues; ensure vehicle inspections for safe working order is done on weekly/monthly basis.
• Manage, evaluate and monitor drivers.
• Coordinate with program teams to submit staff movement plan enabling fleet unit to schedule vehicles for planned activities.
• Prepare the weekly movement plans for all staff in a proper, efficient and effective way.
• Ensures the drivers are aware of their movements and plans.
• Ensure that log sheet record for all rented vehicles is filed in sequential order to produce auditors when required.
• Maintain complete record of drivers leaves and overtime according to vehicle policy.
• Ensure vehicles are well maintained, hygiene, fully equipped with tools and full official documentations are valid and available.
• Collect all fleet related information (Log books, fuel, accidents, etc...) and provide them to the team in Derek to prepare all fleet reports.
• Ensure that all IRC premises at Al Hasakah are well maintained.
• Ensure office and buffer warehouse are equipped with all necessary requirements/ supplies.
(a) Personal Characteristics :
• Strong sense of personal integrity.
• Process and Policy Oriented.
• Attention to details.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work independently.
• Trustworthy, reliability, openness and ability respond rapidly to queries.
• Problem solving abilities.
(b) Professional Characteristics:
• Minimum 1 years of work experience in supply chain.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of the Syrian context, including geographical, political and security aspects.
• Organized, results and detailed oriented, proactive.
• Team player and good communication skills.
• Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other IT skills.
• Possess leadership qualities and willing to exercise initiative.
• Willingness to travel regularly.
• Good command in English and local/national languages.
• Able to receive critics.
• Resistant to Stress.
• University Degree on: Business, commercial, Economics, Supplies Management or in Administration.
• At least two years of work experience; one year of previous NGO experience in Supply Chain preferred.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of the Syrian context.
• Willingness to travel regularly to field sites.
• English and Arabic required, Kurdish is a plus.