, Posted on June 4, 2018
The new Implementation of Jordan s National Green Growth Plan project is a second phase of support to the Government of Jordan in rolling out the NGGP. At the request of the Prime Ministry and Cabinet, an action plan covering 2019-2030 will be developed and provide detailed targets (including baselines and indicators synced with the national M&E system), actions to be taken (including policies, projects and programs) and implementation arrangements (including timelines, roles and responsibilities, and a full monitoring and reporting process). This project is expected to last through March 2019. The project will be implemented in close cooperation with the Higher Steering Committee for Green Economy, the Ministry of Environment s Green Economy Unit, and the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation.
Objectives/Purpose of the Assignment:
The Green Growth Results and M&E Design Advisor will lead the development of the NGGP results framework for the period 2019-2030, and the establishment of institutional arrangements around monitoring and reporting against this framework within relevant parts of the government. The Consultant will be responsible for facilitating the contents of the results framework, including selecting relevant indicators, baseline and target setting, and roles and responsibilities for data collection and reporting. The action planning exercise will require substantial input from multiple stakeholders, including government, private sector, civil society, development partner and GGGI s sectoral experts, which the Consultant will be responsible for integrating into a final product. The Consultant will assist with the action planning process by communicating the results framework to stakeholders at the Ministries of Agriculture, Tourism, Transport, Water, Energy and Municipalities to ensure cohesion between the action plans being developed and the results framework. The consultant will provide capacity building as needed to stakeholders on monitoring and reporting gaps and requirements for NGGP.
Scope of Work:
• Serve as lead expert for monitoring, evaluation and reporting system design for the National Green Growth Plan (NGGP) Action Plan, including the articulation of a full green growth results framework in line with national development strategies and global green growth indicators, including the determining national and sectoral green growth targets and their indicators
• Participate in consultation workshops and follow up with stakeholders as needed and available
• Scope data requirements for the Green Growth Implementation Framework in Jordan
• Integrate key green growth indicators into the national M&E system in close collaboration with GGGI s Green Growth Potential Assessment
• Stock take available data (quantity and quality) to identify gaps in national monitoring and reporting system and recommend solutions to ensure inclusive green growth is mainstreamed into the national monitoring and reporting process
• Provide capacity building as needed to stakeholders at MOPIC, Ministry of Environment, and Department of Statistics on monitoring and reporting requirements for NGGP
• Maintain frequent communication with government stakeholders involved in the action planning exercise, processing their requests and concerns and incorporating feedback into the national green growth results framework
• Support the government in articulating a methodology for monitoring and reporting the state of green economy report, including the data collection and synthesis process, and the roles, responsibilities for joint reporting between MOPIC and the Ministry of Environment
• Draft results framework chapters in the final Action Plan document
• 31 August 2018: Stocktaking Report. Consultant shall deliver a summary report with the following contents:
• Proposed data requirements for measuring inclusive green growth in Jordan in accordance with international best practice and incorporating the feedback of stakeholders in Jordan
• Summary of stakeholder feedback related to integration of NGGP M&R with national M&E process (including from workshop and bilateral meetings)
• Stocktaking and analysis of available data (quantity and quality), identification of gaps in existing national monitoring and reporting system, and recommended solutions to ensure inclusive green growth is mainstreamed into the national monitoring and reporting process
• Draft Results Framework that includes high-level targets, baselines and indicators, and incorporates recommended sectoral targets, baselines and indicators based on existing strategies and policies. The draft results framework will serve as an input to sectoral action planning.
• Mission report for stock taking and stakeholder consultations (approx. 4 weeks in Amman, including the 2-day kickoff workshop)
• 31 October 2018: 2 nd Draft National Green Growth Results Framework. Incorporating the feedback from stakeholders during the sectoral action planning workshops, the Consultant shall share a second draft for feedback of the NGGP Results Framework with the Ministry of Environment and the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation. This package should:
• Elaborate the role of the scope and purpose of the M&E system.
• Present the theory of change associated with the NGGP Action Plan.
• Present the full green growth results framework including indicators, timelines and targets at the national and sectoral level.
• Analyze key data gaps and recommendations for filling these gaps targeted at specific government entities, including the Department of Statistics and Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation.
• Identify recommended institutional arrangements for conducting monitoring and reporting of green growth results in Jordan out to 2030.
• Mission report for sector consultation workshops or other bilateral consultations for the results framework (approx. 2 weeks in Amman, as needed)
• 31 December 2018: Consultant will draft a chapter in the NGGP Action Plan Report that includes the final validated results framework for the National Green Growth Plan. The chapter should detail:
• Methodology and process for monitoring and reporting against green growth targets
• Data collection and synthesis process
• Roles and responsibilities for joint reporting between sector focal points, Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation and the Ministry of Environment s Green Economy Unit
Industry Type :
Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area :
Corporate Planning / Consulting / Strategy / M&A
Desired Candidate Profile
• Recommendations for improving results reporting for green growth in Jordan
• An advanced university degree (Master s degree or equivalent) in social sciences, management, organization development, public administration, public policy, sustainable development, climate change, statistics and data management, or other relevant fields;
• At least 10 years experience with monitoring and reporting and providing results-based management framework support for sustainable development to public sector in developing countries
• Proven experience in developing and preparing performance reports against government policies or plans
• Training or educational background in results-based management to be used for government planning or policy making
• Familiar with international green growth, sustainable development and climate change agendas and their strategic aims, targets and indicators
• Strong understanding of Jordan development context and development plans, including the National Green Growth Plan, the Vision 2025, Nationally Determined Contribution, and the Jordan Economic Growth Plan
• Strong understanding of common implementation challenges for Jordan and/or other developing and emerging economies, and/or other regional contexts
• Experience engaging with government stakeholders at high- and mid-levels, communicating and accepting feedback and demonstrating strong service orientation
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders across skill levels, time zones and issue areas to produce a single output
Disclaimer: Naukrigulf.com is only a platform to bring jobseekers & employers together. Applicants are advised to research the bonafides of the prospective employer independently. We do NOT endorse any requests for money payments and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information.We also recommend you visit Security Advice for more information. If you suspect any fraud or malpractice, email us at email@example.com
People also searched for
Additional Information Required
Employer has requested some additional information along with your application for this job