, Posted on June 4, 2018
Based in Seoul, The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as "green growth", which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
GGGI supports stakeholders through complementary and integrated workstreams Green Growth Planning & Implementation and Investment & Policy Solutions that deliver comprehensive products designed to assist in developing, financing, and mainstreaming green growth in national economic development plans.
Jordan has high ambitions for its development and economic growth but faces numerous challenges in achieving its sustainable development objectives, including energy and water resource scarcity, relatively high public debt and unemployment, and a complex and unpredictable regional security situation. Moreover, although several financial mechanisms exist in the country that can support small scale green growth projects, there remains a lack of resources and technical capability to bring the country s priorities and high-level development projects into reality. In response, Jordan launched the National Green Growth Plan (NGGP) which provides a comprehensive development approach to green growth planning and implementation and serves as a roadmap for how to better implement policy, projects and programs to achieve sustainable development. GGGI is supporting the implementation of the NGGP through multiple workstreams, including the preparation of bankable projects and improving the readiness of domestic institutions to access international climate finance.
The new Implementation of Jordan s National Green Growth Plan project is a second phase of support to the Government of Jordan in rolling out the NGGP. At the request of the Prime Ministry and Cabinet, an action plan covering 2019-2030 will be developed and provide detailed targets (including baselines and indicators synced with the national M&E system), actions to be taken (including policies, projects and programs) and implementation arrangements (including timelines, roles and responsibilities, and a full monitoring and reporting process). This project is expected to last through March 2019. The project will be implemented in close cooperation with the Higher Steering Committee for Green Economy, the Ministry of Environment s Green Economy Unit, and the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation.
Objectives/Purpose of the Assignment:
The National Green Growth Plan Monitoring and Reporting Consultant will lead the coordination and development of the of the NGGP action planning process and will be responsible for the drafting and delivery of the final product the NGGP Action Plan (2019-2030). The action planning exercise will require substantial input from multiple stakeholders, including government, private sector, civil society, development partner and GGGI s sectoral experts, which the Consultant will be responsible for integrating into a final product. Based in Amman on a full-time basis, the Consultant will work closely with the GGGI-Jordan country team to ensure cohesion between sectoral action plans and the national green growth results framework. The Consultant will coordinate the drafting of the NGGP Action Plan through an iterative review process involving sectoral experts at GGGI HQ and government focal points at the Ministries of Agriculture, Tourism, Transport, Water, Energy and Municipalities. The Consultant will also manage external edit and review to ensure a concise, high-quality document is delivered.
Scope of Work:
• Serve as project focal point for team of staff supporting the development of the National Green Growth Plan (NGGP) Action Plan, including staff of the Government of Jordan, GGGI-Jordan, GGGI-HQ and local development partners
• Lead the preparation of consultation workshops, drafting and sharing workshop reports and follow up with stakeholders as needed (minimum 5 workshops expected) with the support of GGGI-Jordan team
• Develop necessary analysis to support the establishment of credible national green growth targets, indicators, sectoral actions, and implementation arrangements (including but not limited to costing of recommended actions and resource mobilization opportunities) in collaboration with GGGI-Jordan and GGGI-HQ colleagues
• Maintain frequent communication with government stakeholders involved in the action planning exercise, processing their requests and concerns and incorporating feedback into the Action Plan
• Oversee the drafting and production of a complete and final Action Plan document, including sharing and reviewing multiple iterations of the document, and coordinating its edit and publication with external service providers for quality assurance
• Baseline analysis of green growth situation in Jordan at national and sector levels (including cross-cutting issues)
• Methodology for green growth action planning shared and validated with core government stakeholders.
• National green growth targets set with government stakeholders. (National workshop required)
• Sector-level green growth targets in line with national targets developed with sector stakeholders (3 sector workshops required) and actions developed to ensure the achievement of these targets within reasonable timeline.
• Draft and finalize the NGGP Action Plan (2019-2030)
Industry Type :
Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area :
Corporate Planning / Consulting / Strategy / M&A
Desired Candidate Profile
• Minimum 10 years experience with development planning at the national and sector levels; experience working directly in government offices for government counterparts preferred
• Strong understanding of results-based management concepts and action plan development methodologies
• Familiarity with international green growth, sustainable development and climate change agendas and their strategic aims, targets and indicators.
• Strong understanding of Jordan development context and development plans, including the National Green Growth Plan, the Vision 2025, Nationally Determined Contribution, and the Jordan Economic Growth Plan
• Strong understanding of common implementation challenges for Jordan and/or other developing and emerging economies, and/or other regional contexts
• Experience engaging with government stakeholders at high- and mid-levels, communicating and accepting feedback and demonstrating strong service orientation
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders across skill levels, time zones and issue areas to produce a single output
Disclaimer: Naukrigulf.com is only a platform to bring jobseekers & employers together. Applicants are advised to research the bonafides of the prospective employer independently. We do NOT endorse any requests for money payments and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information.We also recommend you visit Security Advice for more information. If you suspect any fraud or malpractice, email us at email@example.com
People also searched for
Additional Information Required
Employer has requested some additional information along with your application for this job