Jr. Sous Chef
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Your passion for managing food preparation as Junior Sous Chef will inspire your team to create truly spectacular fare.
Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the Fairmont Ajman has opened in May 2015. The hotel is in close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Strive to exceed guest expectation and take the culinary team going from good to great. Always act in a professional manner using the company's Mission, Vision and Values.
• Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Italian food and cooking techniques must be strong in Italian Ala Carte
• A role model that will inspire the team in driving food consistency and knowledge
• Perform and maintain a food stock count and be confident in analysing the data
• Confidently complete a food order for the restaurant based on prep and par
• You will be fully versed on Health and Safety procedures ensuring that the kitchen is opened safely daily
• A professional that strives for excellence in all areas of the kitchen
• Take full responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Chef de Cuisine
• Lead by example using Fairmont's: Mission, Vision & Values.
• Support/Coach/Lead & Motivate kitchen colleagues.
• Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily shift briefing.
• Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate to minimize repeat visit.
• Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations.
• Promote Health and Safety at all times.
• Ensure proper hygiene as per Ajman Municipality.
• Maintain HACCP standards at all times.
• Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required.
• Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in all chillers.
• Minimize wastage/ spoilage.
• Maintain consistent on the job training sessions for culinary colleagues.
• Liaison daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication & guest feedback.
• Strives to maintain & improve all food preparations & presentations.
• Strives to improve J.D.P results for Food Quality.
• Act as an extension of kitchen managers to communicate food consistency & quality.
• Assign and follow up tasks as dictated by business volumes
• Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
• Assign and follow - up tasks as dictated by business volumes
• Be creative in menu creation using available resources.
• Perform all or any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
• Ideally you will have previous experience within a Italian restaurant
• Confident and outgoing personality
• A good knowledge of Italian food ingredients and cooking techniques
• Proven evidence of growing and motivating a team
• Previous experience in the Culinary field required
• Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY : Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts-and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Contact: Recruitment Team
Job ID: 82103027