The Junior systems integrator will be responsible for developing prototypes that will relate with educational objectives as set for the Laboxatory Camps or workshops. Once the prototypes are successful, the systems integrator is responsible for setting up a production stage where the said prototype is ready for mass production. It is expected for the systems integrator to also work with the Content Specialist to design and 3D print various experiments that will help clarify the subject matter. The Systems Integrator may have to publicly present at events such as Laboxatory camps, afterschool activities as well as conferences. Success is measured by the readiness of various prototypes and successful conversion of the prototypes into proper products.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Foster a collaborative culture of open communication, shared ideas and problem-solving;
• Responsibly follow and implement instructions given by Product Manager & Content Specialist;
• Build strong relationships with facilitators and administrators, anticipating needs and providing ongoing support for Laboxatory;
• Support the review, planning, and delivery of uploaded content and experiential learning;
• Analyze and regularly report insights, observations, and ideas to enable innovative strategic planning and decision making for the future education needs of students.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Proactively solve hardware related problems;
• Deliver rapid prototypes within the deadline;
• Brainstorm new ideas and design new experiments as outlined by Content Specialist;
• Maintaining proper documentation related to the design and production of prototypes;
• Providing monthly reports.
• Provide educational tutorials if needed.
• Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or related qualification
• Minimum 1-year experience as a systems integrator;
• Strong assessment technique.
• Experience in Robotics/Electrical Engineering, or a related field;
• Programming in Python, Embedded C, Basic Java/HTML5 experience;
• Experience with embedded systems;
• Familiarity with OpenCV, or related computer vision programming tools;
• Experience in developing hardware and software prototypes for education;
• Good coding skills with elementary proficiency in Git;
• Good soldering and hardware prototyping skills;
• Experience in PCB design using Solidworks, or related program;
• Experience designing and prototyping simple robotics systems.
Great to Have:
• You have experience with embedded systems, computer hardware, and different sensors;
• You have worked with cameras, IMU, robotic systems, UAVs, electronics;
• You are familiar with general GUI development on Unity or similar;
• Experience with piloting drones, and willingness to learn;
• Experience in 3D printing, and familiarity with the maintenance of 3D printers and related software;
• Good communication, team-work, and presentation skills.