Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution. Clifford Chance has 33 offices in 23 countries and 3,200 legal advisers.
The team advises on the region's largest and most complex transactions across all major industry sectors, with a particular focus on oil and gas (up-, mid- and downstream), power and water (including renewables) and major infrastructure. They also support projects undertaken outside the ME region by outbound regional clients and are active contributors to the firm's flourishing African projects practice. Please click here for a global view of this group's recent highlights.
Abu Dhabi offers a fabulous lifestyle for anyone tempted by expatriate living. A little more relaxed than Dubai, Abu Dhabi offers all round sun and a beach culture alongside numerous big brand bars, hotels and restaurants. This said, it's only an hour by car, for a trip to the office or a more adventurous night out in Dubai. It's a safe place to live and easy to integrate alone or with family; and the collegiate office environment means there's plenty of casual, yet committed, social opportunities. Salaries are tax free.
Clifford Chance Abu Dhabi is completely integrated, and supported, by our global network. Working closely with leading local firms across the region, we advise clients on significant transactions and disputes in the Middle East and beyond.
We have a preeminent Construction and Projects practice in the region and internationally and can offer our lawyers the chance to develop their careers through advising on some of the most significant and highest profile deals in the Middle East and further afield.
In Abu Dhabi, our Construction and Projects team advises on the region's largest and most complex transactionsacross all major industry sectors, with a particular focus on oil and gas (up-, mid- and downstream), power and water (including renewables) and major infrastructure. We also support projects undertaken outside the ME region by outbound regional clients and are active contributors to the firm's flourishing African projects practice.
You will be part of a strong and cohesive construction and projects group in the region and internationally. The directories say:
"A standout front-end construction practice with wide-ranging expertise in the oil and gas and infrastructure sectors. Acts for a number of regional government-owned project sponsors, as well as advising contractors."
"Confirmed leader in the market with an enviable reputation for its projects and energy work throughout the Middle East. Highly active across the project development and finance space. Advises on high-profile mandates in Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
Chambers Global 2017: Middle East Projects & Energy
Sources say: " They are world-class lawyers." Chambers Global 2015: Real Estate & Construction, Construction , UAE
"Clifford Chance s team stands out for providing advice that is always accurate, precise and provides a clear way forward without sitting on the fence . Legal 500 2015: Construction , UAE ]
Richard Parris is commended for his in-depth knowledge of the region. Observers say he is "brilliant" and that "he always finds the best and most practical solutions." Chambers Global 2016: Projects & Energy - Middle East
You will work on leading deals for top tier clients. The range, calibre and international scope of our deal flow is unique - and makes us stand out from our competitors. Recent deal highlights include:
• advising on an innovative alumina refinery in the strategic KIZAD development in Abu Dhabi
• advising on the sector-leading PRIZe and TPC petchem projects in Kuwait and Egypt respectively
• advising on pathfinder IPP's in Iran
• advising on the Tacaamol Aromatics Project, an integrated petrochemical complex in the South-Western region of Abu Dhabi. This is one of the first project financing of a petrochemicals project in the UAE
• advising on a captive CCGT project for a major industrial sponsor, Abu Dhabi
• advising on the privatisation of five airports in Saudi Arabia
• advising SOCAR on the development of an integrated oil gas processing, refining and petrochemical complex (the OGPC Project) to be located on a plot of 1,500 hectares in the Absheron region of the Garadagh district of the Azerbaijan Republic.
• advising OTTCO in respect of the Ras Markaz Crude Oil Park, to be one of the world's largest crude storage and export facilities when completed
• We are committed to working with clients as integrated team members - which means that, from day one, our lawyers have hands-on client contact.
• We are proud of our reputation for being a very informal, supportive, meritocratic and diverse group and reinforce this with regular social events - both ad hoc and organised.
• We run a sophisticated internal training programme including local monthly courses run by The Academy.
• Our remuneration package is one of the most attractive in the market.
The role will largely involve:
• Assisting in the drafting and negotiating the full spectrum of construction documentation (from building contracts and professional appointments to EPC contracts and technology licences) and project documentation (including concessions, PPAs, PWPAs, LTSAs, O&Ms, and feedstock supply);
• Advising on procurement strategy
• taking responsibility for developing relationships with key clients
The lawyer will be given the chance to handle a variety of work. From an early stage in your career at Clifford Chance you will be expected to take responsibility for working closely with clients and being responsible for managing elements of the transaction. This means that you will have the opportunity to develop strong transaction management and organisational skills as well as developing superb technical abilities
Skills & Experience
• The market leading Middle East Construction and Projects team currently seeks a junior construction and projects lawyer with high-quaity academic and professional credentials. Sector and regional experience will be an advantage but is not a necessity, given the training and professional development support available.
• You should demonstrate strong communication and analytical skills and a high level of commercial awareness.
• A minimum of a medium term commitment to the region is also essential.