JOB DESCRIBTION – KG Teacher
• Teach children in a classroom at an elementary school, either public or private, at the kindergarten level.
• Plan, evaluate, and assign lessons.
• Prepare, administer, and grade tests, listen to oral presentations, and maintain classroom discipline.
• Introduce children to mathematics, language, science, and social studies.
• Use games, music, artwork, films, books, computers, and other tools to teach basic skills.
• Use play and hands-on teaching.
• Teach letter recognition, phonics, numbers, and awareness of nature and science.
• Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
• Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
• Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
• Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
• Create lesson plans.
• Utilize various curriculum resources.
• Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
• Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
• Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
• Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
• Utilize public library resources.
• Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
• Tutor students on an individual basis.
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
• Prepare and distribute required reports.
• Observe and evaluate student's performance.
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned by the school.
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :
Teaching / Education