Reports to: Director of the Environmental Engineering Program/Department Chair
Purpose: Manages, supervises and explains academic experiments and final term projects required by different courses under the environmental engineering concentration that call for usage of the below-mentioned labs.
Supervises, operates, explains, maintains and upgrades equipment in the surveying, fuids and hydraulics labs. Prepares materials and handouts for academic experiments required by the different courses held in the above mentioned labs.
• Ensures safety and security measures of the above stated labs in performance aspects and users.
• Supervises lab staff on all relevant tasks.
• Reports to the environmental engineering program director and the department chair in all relevant lab concerns.
• Suggests to the program actions towards improving lab performance, equipment and materials upgrade and actions needed for lab modification, and prepare requisitions for all lab equipment.
• Provides the program with the latest technologies required to improve the lab facilities to serve the environmental research studies.
• Suggests to the Environmental Engineering program budget items needed for improving the labs performance.
• Provides students, teaching assistants, faculty and other lab users with the needed technical information of the labs.
• Carries out all experiments and demonstrations that help students in understanding the experiment, their setup, and theory behind experiments, constraints, possible sources of error, interpreting the data, minimizing sources of error. In addition to managing term projects, research experiments for graduate and undergraduate students, assists in planning and designing of academic experiments in environmental aspects and discusses possible alternatives and the data produced.
• Prepares lab manuals for each experiment to be conducted in the lab.
• Participates technically and supervises regular maintenance and the repairs for lab equipment.
• Works with the program in maintaining and upgrading labs facilities and equipments.
• Participates and supervises calibration of the lab equipments periodically.
Minimum Education Requirement:
• University degree in environmental, construction or civil engineering.
• Five to seven years of experience in related fields.
• Required excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English.
• Excellent operating knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Surfer.
Position is open till filled
Placement is based on the candidate s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com , stating 10000325 Lab Engineer I in the subject line.
We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :