- Collect samples in accordance with schedules established to ensure appropriate quality control checks are being taken at all stages of production and conduct a variety of laboratory tests and analysis on crude oil, chemicals, gas, water and environment as per established procedures, standing instructions and standards maintaining safe working practices.
- Collect samples from various streams of Zirku plant facilities and schedules established by his supervisor and perform analysis and interpret test data on as per established procedures, standing instructions and standards. Record all analysis performed and follow safe working practices.
- Be versed in the operations of all the analytical equipments and its applications and operating procedures as per vender manual.
- Analysis the samples coming from crude oil, diesel, chilled water, formation water, gases, lube oil, etc. and from Zirku facilities and environment related analysis of non-routine samples according to laboratory procedure and guidelines. Write technical reports and develop charts, graphs to document experimental results.
- Ensure timely delivery of results to operating teams, in particular issue warnings regarding over range results so that immediate remedial action can be taken.
- Carry out the job function in accordance with HSE commitment and policy to achieve strategic objectives and targets stipulated in company HSE management system document.
- Have clear understanding of MSDS for the chemical used in Laboratory. Use proper PPE while handling them. Be competent in handling any chemical spill and mitigate any damage.
- Recognize analysis problems and take corrective action according to protocols. Interpret, record and report data; if off-specification, take corrective action according to protocols.
- Perform preventative maintenance to analytical instrumentation drawing the attention of his supervisor and Senior Operator to any discrepancies keeping a written record.
- Advise his supervisor of any significant decrease in the stock level of consumables or spares and ensure that laboratory and test equipment is kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Maintain laboratory in clean and good condition, pass to next shift during the hand over.
- Completion of Secondary education (12 years) + direct vocational training in Chemistry or electro-chemistry (24 to 36 months).
- 3-4 years’ experience in a quality control laboratory in the petroleum, chemical or petrochemical industry.
- Good kledge of English and Strong communication skills.
- Job Grade Level: 9-10
- Industrial Hazards - Describe the nature of hazards|M6|ZRLB.B.03.03|Hydrocarbons
- Golden Rules of Safety|M5|ZRLB.C.07.09|Understand the basics of Lifting Operations
- Golden Rules of Safety|M5|ZRLB.C.07.04|Understand the basics of Job Safety Analysis
- Laboratory Mechanical Equipment|M5|ZELB.A.04.02|Understand the basics of Pumps, compressors and blowers
- Chemical Analysis Related|M3|ZELB.A.02.01|Understand the basics of density and specific gravity
- Technical Fundamentals|M2|ZELB.A.01.05|Demonstrate the conversion and reading of flow
- Technical Fundamentals|M2|ZELB.A.01.04|Understand the basics of flow and units of measurement
- Lead By Influence|M12|ZRLB.D.03.02|Lead Change with Agility - Is open to change
- Gas Testing|M10|ZELB.A.12.02|Understand the requirements of flue gas analysis
- Work with and through others|M14|ZRLB.D.02.02