- Collects samples of petroleum products from ship/tankers, receiving depots and performs standard test, in safe manner. Reports results to the Chemist.
- Performs specific test on lubricants, fuel and greases. Records results and ensures that the test results are in accordance with the products™ specifications. Enter test results into the Laboratory System.
- Prepares chemical solutions in accordance with established procedures and standards. Exercises proper isolation of chemicals and keeps the equipment clean and in good working condition. Performs calibration test on equipment, if assigned. Informs the Chemist of needed supplies.
- Observes the safety rules and regulations when working in the Laboratory. Suggests the disposal of contaminated products and gets the final approval from Chemist prior to taking action.
- Assists in the preparation of the chemicals, glassware as gas cylinders inventory and reports any deviation that may affect instruments precision to the supervisor.
- Carries out and performs extra tests to adjust the products, Fuels, Greases in the event of a failure a particular test. Takes sample of failing products of lubricants, fuels, greases etc. from different locations e.g. blending plant lube store, Fuel Oil depot, filling station etc.
- Minimum Diploma in Science, Chemistry/Laboratory Technology.
- 3 years of experience working in a Laboratory where international testing standards were being used.
- Computer Literate/Proficient in MS Office and other related systems.
- Good knowledge of English; Arabic would be an advantage