SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Grounds and Landscaping Manager to support a large Base Operations Support (BOS) program providing operations & maintenance (O&M) support services to our U.S. government customer in Iraq. The program shall support O&M, full supply chain fuel services, renovation and construction projects, and other limited logistics support. The ideal candidate will have experience working on other large O&M programs in contingency environments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Design, layout, and install beds,plants, hardscape and structures with consideration for water conservation and cost control.
• Work with other managers and contractors in planning for construction of new buildings or other structures and modifications to existing structures to ensure minimal damage is done to existing landscaping.
• Become knowledgeable oflocal plants available, materials (e.g. mulch, chemicals, organicfertilizers and soil amendments, rocks) and outdoor equipment and furniture available within Iraq so to minimize the importing and transportation cost.
• Supervise a large team on multiple projects consisting of ect hires and subcontractors.
• Safe operation of landscaping equipment.
• Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
• Bachelor s Degree from an accredited U.S. college or university in a horticultural science related field; experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
• Seven years of relevant experience
• DoS Public Trust
• Advanced demonstrated Microsoft Office skills, to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
• Excellent demonstrated writing and speaking skills.
• Excellent demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent demonstrated interpersonal skills.
• Excellent demonstrated critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the U.S. Government Contracting industry.
• Demonstrated experience with running large O&M programs in a contingency environment
• Fluency in a foreign language is desired, but not required.