Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• To carry out the daily smooth, efficient, and economic running of the laundry department.
• To work directly with laundry Colleagues in production with proper adherence to standards.
• To conduct checks on the Guests and Leaders laundry for its quality before sending to the hotel.
• To inform the team about occupancy forecasts, daily house status, room moves, VIP's in house and banquet events.
• Following and ensuring the schedules are adhered to the business needs of each week.
• Conducts Colleague discussions and record on performance logs.
• Inspect each machine for its maintenance and inform the faults and recommendations to the Laundry Manager.
• Advise Laundry Manager about misuse of linen and uniforms by individuals or user departments to be addressed to the concerned.
• To ensure that the transporting, receiving, sorting, production and delivery of all linen, uniforms and Guest laundry are according to the set standards.
• Work closely with Engineering Department to ensure that pre preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance are done as per schedule and all equipment including laundry trucks are in proper working order to save the lost time due to breakdowns
• Ensure that the wash processes are followed as per the set standard formulas in line with the time, temperature and dosing of chemicals.
• Supervises checks and assist in the processing of guest garments.
• Checks all VIP's laundries during shift.
• Supervise the entire laundry, dry cleaning, uniforms, linen, and valet operations and ensure that they are processed according to the schedule.
• Ensure the timely delivery of linen to the hotel for a smooth operation of all user departments.
• Conduct training to all laundry /valet Colleagues according to the standards to consistently deliver excellent service by providing clean high quality linen, uniforms and guest garments ensuring that product and service standards are adhered by the team.
• Maintain the production and delivery records of each shift.
• Conducts and keeps records of linen inventories, par stocks, linen stocks and monthly discards and informs Laundry Manager about the trends and discrepancies to take corrective steps.
• Controls, asses and re evaluate the work load and work habit of all laundry Colleagues on an ongoing basis ensuring that high performance and maximum efficiency is achieved and maintained.
• Supervises and controls the Lost and Found from the hotel linen.
• Assist and schedules the training and cross training of all laundry Colleagues to improve the skills.
• Conducts and record daily meetings with the laundry team to facilitate flow of communication.
• Prepares requisition for supplies, chemicals and forward to Laundry Manager for approval.
• Ensures that highest standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the laundry and periodic cleaning tasks are established carried out.
• Oversee the hotel laundry operations in the absence of hotel Uniform room supervisor.
• Possesses knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Attends weekly housekeeping/other departmental meetings during the absence of Laundry Manager/Assistant Laundry Manager.
• Observes all Hotel regulations, policies and procedures.
• Sets a high example in regards to punctuality, appearance, attitude, leadership and guest relations.
• Role model a service culture through standards and warm, personal service to our Guests.
• Maintain strong relationships with other hotel departments.
• To assist Laundry Manager in the building of an efficient team of Colleagues by taking active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
• Attend to all Guest complaints immediately and initiate follow up. It is imperative that all Guest complaints are dealt with promptly in order to maintain Guest satisfaction and the protection of the hotel's interest.
• Perform any other related duties assigned by the Executive Housekeeper
• Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a high volume laundry
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
• Diploma in Hotel management / Textile an asset.
• Previous International experience essential.
• Guest focused with a passion for service and standards excellence.
• Must be strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegation skills.
• Basic knowledge of laundry machineries, machinery programming, fabric contents, recommended process of fabrics, laundry chemistry, water quality, safe handling of washroom chemicals, laundry procedures, laundry troubleshooting and computer experience like Fidelio, Word, Excel, and Windows XP.
• Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties.
• Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift