• Works with Consultant Architect to research, plan, design, and administer the design for the retail asset of the project, applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, authority requirements, zoning and building codes, and building materials and design specifications; prepares/reviews architectural details as and when required for the execution of works.
• Reviewing documents in various phases for design intent, materials use and compliance with specifications.
• Reviewing contractors' shop drawings, materials, and detailing submitted for approval.
• Coordinating with owner's consultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies as necessary in meetings, drawings and other forms of communication.
• Addresses modifications desired by the Client in co-ordination with the Design Architect.
• Preparation of regular weekly and monthly reports and status updates.
• Proposing improved solutions on technical issues influencing design.
• Communicating with governmental agencies or officials for purpose of approvals and permits, when necessary.
• Ability to see design work through to construction phase and completion.
• Inspecting and supervising the inspection of construction while in progress and upon completion for adherence to plans and specifications.
• Advising contractors on the interpretation of plans and specifications; approving minor design changes in the course of construction.
• Supporting the Resident Engineer/Senior RE/PD in relevant duties as and when required.
• Completing assignments with considerable independence in accordance with project objectives, professional standards, and policies and procedures.
• Assists the Client in review and selection of architectural materials that are in compliance with approved material submittals.
• Highlights any violations to architectural related issues on site and provide solutions
• Attends or Chairs progress review meetings and co-ordination meetings to assist the Contractor in resolving any site issues such as discrepancies in project's drawings.
• Participates in the co-ordination and monitoring of snagging and project handover.
• Provide support to Project Manager/Technical Manager to ensure projects run smoothly in areas of architecture by providing expert knowledge and advice.
• Gives daily site reports and highlights issues that arise on site to the Project Lead.
Specific Skills Required:
• Retail experience
• Client Facing skills
Person Specification (Behavioral Attributes):
• Safeguard - To operate ethically and with integrity, while prioritizing safety and security in all that you do
• Be decisive - Know how to prioritize, advocate focus and accountability
• Be impactful - Use clear and frequent communications, drive execution and results.
• Be client-focused - Be collaborative, innovative and strategic.
• Be the role model - Lead by example, demand excellence, maintain safety and integrity as top priorities.
• Minimum of 15+ years experience in Architecture is required, with at least 4 years experience on a large scale projects.
• Bachelor Degree in Architecture or equivalent.
• An advanced post-graduate degree and membership from a recognized institution (i.e. AIA or RIBA) would be a plus.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.