The role holder have the responsibility for leading the Civil Projects discipline to ensure that Projects in the Company are executed in an efficient and systematic manner and according to good engineering practices and to the Company’s goals and objectives.
The role holder is to lead a team of civil and structural engineers and designers and to act as point of reference and apply technical expertise to resolve problems escalated by the project coordinators or project engineers. He is responsible to approve internally generated engineering documents like drawings / calculations etc. He may has a prime role, whenever he is assigned the role of Task Force leader, in coordinating with multiple disciplines and customers to ensure smooth-running of a collection of projects. He compiles and provides input to the periodic reports within his area of work. He must ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with Company’s Occupational Health, Safety, Energy and Environment procedures.
• Ensure project engineering activities are achieved with the required quality, time schedule and cost either in the role of Task force leader, project coordinator or project member. Provide technical support to his group as well as to the members of his projects team
• In case they are members in projects, support Task Force leaders to plan, manage and organize the project activities to ensure they are achieved within the set time schedules, specification and cost.
• Establish and follow-up routines for approvals of various project related documents and drawings.
• Prepare and follow up Group budget and ensuring correct booking of expenses.
• Set performance targets in consultation with all Department Head of Sections, provide/obtain feedback, motivate and participate in the development of own Group.
• Set and ensure that Group follows valid standards and technical requirements.
• Develop and maintain good specifications and procedures within their discipline and contribute to continual improvement of such documents.
• Provide specifications for the procurement of equipment and services. Conduct technical and assist in commercial evaluation of bids. Recommend preferred suppliers to ensure high quality, cost effective purchases.
• Ensure timely, safe, efficient, within cost and quality execution of all construction activities of projects.
• Manage all interfaces between Company and various contractors.
• Liaise closely with other relevant Groups and Sections within the Company.
• Keep informed of technological developments in the area of responsibility in order to identify and recommend opportunities for increased effectiveness and/or cost reduction.
• Be aware of international developments in relevant process and maintenance areas of interest for the Company, and use this to improve the design of the plants.
• Keep track of updates from Process Licencors and major equipment manufacturers to ensure that the relevant discipline/engineers are updated with the latest developments.
• Develop the Group and ensure that required competencies are met at all times.
• Develop nationals into direct positions and follow-up their on-the-job development programs.
• Comply with all relevant procedures of the Company’s Integrated Management System comprising of Occupational Health & Safety, Quality, Environment, Responsible Care, IFA Product Stewardship & Energy Management System.