Requisition ID: 198079
Please note this is short term assigment - 6 Months Duration
Performs cost estimating, analysis, and control activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities when delegated. Supervises cost engineering activities when delegated.
A. Supervision Received
• Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Supervision Exercised
• Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
• Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Prepares Project Controls plans and detailed internal manpower utilization plans for discipline or specialty activities.
• Assists in preparing cost data for proposals or contract negotiations.
• Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training programs.
• Conducts personnel performance reviews, when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
• Determines scope definition requirements for a discipline or other specialty, and works with Engineering and other sources to coordinate the production of required data to conform to the overall estimate preparation plan.
• Performs or coordinates quantity development and verification for a discipline or specialty. Develops, or assists in the development of, quantity bases for assumption.
• Performs, or coordinates the performance of, pricing structure development and application to takeoffs, derived quantities, quantity assumption, and cost allowances within a discipline or other specialty.
• Plans, coordinates, and directs preparation of specific budgets. Assists in developing requirements for budgeting standards.
• Develops and implements requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports. Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
• Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions. This includes training in the proper use of and definitions for the cost accounts.
• Investigates requirements for estimating and/or cost control data for a specific discipline or other specialty applications.
• Identifies or defines data sources and techniques for data acquisition, and collects required data for a specific discipline or other specialty applications.
• Assists in developing unit hour and pricing data for a specific discipline or other specialty, including estimating parameters, factors, indices, productivity and craft distribution reference data, etc., based on analysis of Bechtel and industry experience. Performs data analysis, identifies problems, and makes recommendations.
• Creates and implements measurement systems for given processes, analyzes performance metric results, and identifies improvements.
• Must have strong background in direct hire EPC Project Controls processes and Tools
• Must have excellent analytical skills
• Capable of leading .and managing a team of cost engineers
• Must be a self starter and take initiative to understand and help present evolving trends while they can still be mitigated
• Must grasp both the detail and be able to project and present summaries to managers and executives with noted root cause of variance
• Must be able to implement improvements in work processes and adjust to the needs of the particular phase of the project
• Prior knowledge of Bechtel tools and PC processes is a plus
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.