Leads the development, implementation and continuous improvement of process optimization-based activities in Suhar complex Utilities, Environment and Engineering areas for the Technical function (TSD) at Orpic, under Manager Process Optimization Services. This would be through (1) Leading the resolution of complex operational problems in Suhar complex Utilities, Environment and Engineering. (2) Co-ordinates team to ensure that process optimization services meet Management strategy and performance goals, and (3) Leads the development, implementation and continuous improvement of process optimization-based activities in petrochemical areas.
Team Leader Suhar Utilities, Environment and Engineering position will act in accordance with Orpics Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Omani s government & other legal justification s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
• Assess (based on reports and modelling techniques) SR 1, SR 2 and AP Utilities, Offsites and Environmental Engineering performance with the plant s impact on the environment and lay out the best course of action.
• Resolves issues that have a direct business impact, using advanced problem solving tools and techniques and balancing multiple considerations (e.g. economics, operation, maintenance, technical).
• Contributes in the preparation of the utility production plan in Orpic plants (SR, AP, PP and MAF), by assessing consumption requirements, taking into account energy saving targets.
• Acts as focal point for catalysts and chemicals within Orpic plants from TSD.
• Provides Scope of Work for MOC (Management of Change) requests raised for process improvement.
• Carries out the technical evaluation of tenders and generate the evaluation report.
• Leads HAZOP studies for any modification of existing facilities in Utilities and Offsites areas.
• Ensures the development of technical procedures in line with modifications and new systems implemented.
Knowledge Experience & Qualifications:
• Minimum Qualifications for this position is a University degree in Chemical Engineering or similar.
• Minimal years of experience is 10 years experience in Operations/Process engineering, inclusive of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of petrochemical plants and refinery operations.
• Experience in Aromatics and Polypropylene plants.
• Experience in Risk Assessments, HAZOPS & Safety.
• Business applications (PI, LIMS, SAP etc.)
• Communication skills.
• Customers Service skills.
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas: Refining, Storage, Marketing, Distribution
Functional Area :