Trains for and responds to emergencies. Controls and extinguishes, structures, wild land and other fires to protect people, resources and the environment.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
1. Trains and maintains preparedness to respond to emergencies.
2. Operates and maintains fire fighting apparatus, tools, equipment, and systems.
3. Effects entry into structures, and other enclosures.
4. Administers emergency first aid.
5. Performs other duties as assigned by the Fire Chief and/or his representative.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Fire fighting apparatus, tools, ladders, equipment, and systems. Personal computer, printer, and other general office equipment.
Work is in a general operational and office environment in Romania. May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty and extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays. Duty location is subject to extreme cold weather conditions. Applicant must be able to meet physical fitness requirements to be deemed fit for duty and will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE-ex: helmet, fire-retardant clothing, SCBA, etc).
1. Participation in daily Physical Training (PT)
2. Wearing Fire Fighter personal protective equipment (PPE) including SCBA
3. Participation in response training exercises and emergency/accident training exercises
4. Work requires walking, standing, crawling, climbing, running, and sitting
5. Work shifts and hours are variable and subject to change
6. Position is subject to recall 24/7