Roles and Responsibilities:
The Leadership and Managment Technical Advisor reports to the HRH2030 Project Director in Jordan and is responsible for providing a broad range of technical input to the activity s cross-cutting organizational development interventions to accomplish all three results. The Leadership and Managment Technical Advisor will work closely with the Project Director, Component Leads, the MOH, the High Health Council (HHC), and healthcare professional councils and associations to engage in assessing leadership and management capacity, identifying needs, developing recommendations and strategies to meet those needs, and providing technical assistance for leadership and management development. A particular emphasis will be placed on developing strategies to encourage women career progression in the workforce through appropriate incentives.
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Work with HRH2030 s component leads to identify leadership and management development needs, including training, capacity building, and strategic planning, for activity interventions and coordinate assessments and training plans for execution.
• Provide technical assistance for leadership and management related activities, including but not limited to human resource management and development at the MOH and hospitals, health facility management and leadership, supportive supervision systems, national CPD systems, and the National HRH Observatory at the HHC.
• Based on assessment findings, provide input to training needs and planning, curricula and material development, and targeted technical assignments in collaboration with the learning and development technical advisor, component leads, and other stakeholders to build the capacity of leadership and management to improve performance. This includes developing training strategies, improving the delivery and content of training, directly conducting training, and monitoring the effectiveness of training efforts.
• Develop strategies and plans for the facilitation of change management at the MOH and HHC, with a specific focus on increasing women in management and leadership roles, by working with stakeholders to implement recommendations from research, best practices, and lessons learned.
• Review existing CPD structures and provide support to institutionalizing leadership and management training in a national CPD system for the health sector.
• Provide input to annual work plans to meet HRH2030 goals and objectives related to leadership and management interventions.
• Proactively strategize to troubleshoot anticipated issues and challenges.
• Track and report in writing progress against established training work plans and milestones quarterly, annually, and upon request.
• Develop with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager an ongoing monitoring and evaluation plan to assess the effectiveness and outcomes of leadership and management development to improve results.
• Provide targeted capacity building in subject matter expertise related to leadership and management for staff and other stakeholders as directed.
• Provide regular updates to the HRH2030 leadership team.
Required Experience & Qualifications
• At least 10 years of professional experience in leadership and management, strategic planning, organizational development, training and development, and/or performance/quality improvement in the health workforce.
• Master s degree in management, organizational development, public health, health economics, international development, or a related field.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, preferably on a USAID-funded project.
• Demonstrated successful application of training and strategies to increase leadership and management capacity of the health workforce.
• Experience working in the health sector preferred.
• Experience in Jordan required.
• Arabic and English language fluency required.
Industry Type :
Consulting / Management Consulting / Advisory Services
Functional Area :