The School of Information Security at Abu Dhabi Polytechnic, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates http://www.adpoly.ac.ae/En/Pages/Home.aspx
is seeking appointments of Teaching Faculty in Information Security. By offering higher education programs in information security, the Polytechnic is a major contributor to information security workforce development, Information Security system and the broader community of the UAE.
Interest is sought from experienced qualified educators across a broad range of ISET specialties including, Computer Forensics or Software Security, Mobile Security or SCADA/ICS security in particular but also, Penetration Testing, System Administration, Secure Coding, Security Auditing, Web Security, Cloud Security, System Engineers, Network Engineers, Business Continuity. Industry educators who also possess experience and competencies in teaching by simulation will be highly regarded.
• Responsible for the conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and/or student field excursions.
• The preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
• Acting as a student advocate where appropriate.
• Involvement in professional activity.
• Consultation with students.
• Marking and assessment primarily connected with courses in which the faculty member teaches.
• Production of teaching materials for students for whom the faculty member has responsibility.
• Development of course material with appropriate guidance from the program coordinator.
• Limited administrative functions primarily connected with courses in which the faculty member teaches.
• Acting as instructor of record or section coordinators provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
• Recommending relevant changes to the curriculum committee as appropriate.
• Attendance at divisional/unit meetings, faculty meetings, and membership in AD Poly committees.
• Ensuring own professional development by seeking learning opportunities as appropriate.
Computer Forensics or Software Security, Mobile Security or SCADA/ICS security in particular but also, Penetration Testing, System Administration, Secure Coding, Security Auditing, Web Security, Cloud Security, System Engineers, Network Engineers, Business Continuity
With state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services, the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT) offers career-based technical education at the secondary and tertiary levels. IAT s aim is to meet the industrial and technical challenges and requirements that will allow UAE national students to move on to higher education and pursue their careers in the higher technologies. The IAT, with its campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah and Al Shahama, encompasses higher learning start-ups in aviation, logistics, nursing and vocational training.
The Institute is government funded, founded in 2005 through Royal decree of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, and Ruler of Abu Dhabi as a corporate body with full financial and administrative independence.
The teaching medium and mode of communication across the organization is English.
Salary and Benefits:
The IAT offers a competitive tax-free salary, housing allowance, air fare, relocation allowance (if deployed from overseas), medical insurance, gratuity and subsidized education for your children.