To manage, co-ordinate, monitor and provide legal support to the legal department and the Group on a wide variety of corporate matters and oversee aspects as commercial, litigation and contracts.
To counsel the business on a broad range of legal, commercial and regulatory matters including structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions, contracts, offshore investments & free-zone regulations including “DIFC”. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries, and ensure legal compliance, risk mitigation, and legal support internally to all Businesses.
1) Establishing off-shore companies and the entailed law requirements.
2) Negotiate, review and draft various types of contract agreements for BUs and the group.
3) Draft, review and amend non-contractual legal documentation.
4) Building strong relationship with business area as trusted advisers, working with department heads/managers to increase Legal's involvement.
5) Development, reviewing of legal controls, guidelines, risk assessment and management to ensure that all risks are identified and addressed.
6) Draft, review contracts and provide legal advice to the concerned departments and where necessitated involve the Chief Legal Officer on complex issues to ensure that the company’s best contractual and commercial position is attained.
7) Assisting with preparing, amending and overseeing implementation of constitutional, governance and internal operating rules as well as policies and procedures.
8) Conducting legal research, reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions, and to guarantee contracts are updated and in compliance with local/international laws.
9) Coordinate with clients to guarantee terms of contracts are fulfilled in compliance with the contract terms and regulations.
10) Advising executive, senior management on various matters such as legal rights, and new as well as existing laws.
11) Monitor legal risk in documentation and giving guidance on the acceptable assumption of risk.
12) Examining/creating draft agreements, while managing organization's intellectual property.
13) Gathering, analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
14) Monitor and develop written summaries of anticipated and endorsed legislation, regulations, court decisions, industry standards, trade journals and other relevant publications.
15) Handle breach of contracts in a timely manner.
16) Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for natural and juristic persons.
17) Recommended legal structuring for transactions, bids or projects and related agreements.
18) Participate of creating, establishing & set up new entities and possible domestic and foreign companies and draft the article of association.
19) Advising and flagging apparent business / commercial /legal risks for business teams.
20) Maintaining knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents.
21) Ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before documents are executed.
Bachelor of Laws, or Master of Laws, or other relevant legal qualification from a recognized civil/common law jurisdiction.
7 to 10 years’ relevant experience in a similar role, and practice with an established top commercial law firm, corporate law department or in-house environment.
Fluent English language is essential.
Must have extensive experience in a variety of transactional work including shareholder arrangements and agreements, mergers & acquisitions, investment regulations, mainstream commercial transactions, commercial contracts, agency/distribution/franchise agreements, consultancy agreements, intellectual property rights, joint ventures and corporate restructuring.
Knowledge of UAE law would be beneficial.
Free-zone “DIFC” common-law understanding, fedex rules and regulations.
Management, regional and cross boarder experience preferred.
Sound knowledge and understanding of applicable multinational/international laws and regulations, and the ability to make prudent legal decisions.
Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
Experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents
Ability to project, manage legal transactions and issues.
Familiar with legal document management systems and other legal technology solutions.
Good with IT skills such as MS Office and Internet Research.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Attention to Details
Planning & Organizing
Influence and Negotiation
Communication (Oral & Written)