Member of the Legal and Compliance Business Unit of the Company. To assist and support the General Counsel and Senior Legal Counsels on all matters in the ambit of Legal and Compliance, including advising and assisting on general corporate and commercial matters and litigation, including high value and complex claims, projects and EPC contracts. In addition, to support and advise Company business units, including Procurement, HR, Projects, HSE, Finance and Business Performance and in all matters relating to petroleum operations.
• Reviewing, understanding and applying Company policies and procedures and ensuring adherence to the same across all business divisions.
• Under supervision of Senior Legal Counsel and/or General Counsel, researching and advising on the legal merits of contractual, labour, insurance, or any other claims or disputes initiated by or against the Company.
• Reviewing and advising on the merits of litigation cases initiated by or against the Company, preparing reply memorandums and advice, and liaising with user divisions for all required information.
• Instructing external legal counsel and claims consultants, where necessary, for support and advice on complex matters.
• Reviewing and negotiating procurement contracts with suppliers in line with Company policies and procedures under supervision of General Counsel and/or Senior Legal Counsel.
• Supporting HR on termination cases, implementing disciplinary measures, including undergoing investigations and finalizing investigation reports with respect to the same.
• Reviewing and assisting on assessment of claims and disputed variations for EPC contracts and large-scale operational projects to best protect Company interests.
• Applying, providing updates on and having a general awareness and knowledge of local laws.
• Assisting with legal research and preparing ‘know-how’, seminars and presentations, and supporting with the development of junior team members.