Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organization and make them partners in success.
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives.
ABOUT TH ROLE
We are looking for a bright, ambitious and highly organized legal counsel to be based in Cairo who will work directly with the Country Legal Head in building the legal function at Careem.
• Draft and review commercial contracts, agreements, legal documents and registrations and licenses for the technical fitness and legal compliance of such documents in markets / environments of their currency.
• Provide counsel and guidance to internal clients, where authorized, on contractual matters and associated legal issues and participate in contract review and negotiation to ensure that the best interests of the Company are protected / secured.
• Assist the Head of Legal and Senior Legal Counsel in managing the priorities and pressing issues to meet the deadlines and commitments to internal clients.
• Assist the Head of Legal with managing AG and Board meetings: agendas, minute taking and follow-up actions.
• Assist the Head of Legal in preparing technical notes and reports for Board approval at the parent company s level.
• Ensure compliance of the provisions of Companies Law and rules made thereunder and other statutes and bye-laws of in each relevant jurisdiction.
• Ensure the renewal of corporate documentation, including trade licenses, POA s, Board Resolutions and other corporate certificates and registrations in each relevant jurisdiction
• Main Interaction; Will interact with support functions, business teams, CEO, Board of Directors, Auditors, external Lawyers, Internal Controls and Global Corporate Governance teams.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. This candidate will thrive on uncertainty, the challenge of building totally new models in the region, be unafraid to work long hours and have a clear spike on getting things done. Additional qualifications include:
• Graduate of an Egyptian, or equivalent law school (English or French) section with at least a grade of "good"
• 2-3 years of experience with a reputable law firm in Egypt;
• Excellent Arabic and English communication skills
• Corporate, commercial or finance experience preferred but not required
• The ability to prioritize and multi-task, particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
• A methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :
Lawyers / Legal Advisors