by AMWAJ OFFICE - HRMS
Posted Apr 25, 2018
Responsible for assisting the Librarian to
run the Library by performing the day-to-day activities to ensure smooth
library operations. Specified orders. Reconcile book receipts and invoices to
ensure only books received are to be paid for. Perform online searches to
complete relevant data for book orders (e.g. LC#, ISBN). Sort and shelve books
to ensure orderly arrangement/proper organization of the library. Monitor the
library to ensure that students follow the policies and procedures of the
Library. Assist students and staff with the use of the Library facilities. Control
check-in/out procedures for library usage, and AV equipment and follow the
returns and overdue of borrowed library materials and books. Inspect returned
books to check their condition and due-date status, and compute any applicable
fines. Supervise student workers to ensure they perform their duties in the
library as assigned. Train and guide student workers to develop new library skills
and work ethics. Work in partnership with parents in providing a quality
education experience for all the children. Along with all members of the staff,
undertake responsibilities as detailed in the school s
Health and Safety Manual. Accept additional responsibilities in respect of
organizing and supervising co-curricular activities. Actively promote the
mission, vision and values of the school. Accept reasonable additional
responsibilities as required by the Director. Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding
the welfare of children and young person s according to regulatory safeguarding
requirements including but not limited to the provisions of Child Protection
Policy. Other reasonable tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
Work is performed in a standard office and educational environment.
• High school education.
• 1 year experience in a similar position preferably in educational institutions.
• Knowledge of AACR2 cataloguing rules, Library of Congress classification system, Library
of Congress subject headings and ALA filing rules.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English & Arabic.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and Internet searching.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
• Flexibility regarding responsibilities, duties and activities.
• Knowledge of office equipment (i.e., copier, fax, scanner).