Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Light Construction Crew Project Manager
The Project Manager will be based at one of three PAE sites in Iraq and will serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. The Project Manager will manage and supervise teams of professional journeymen and apprentice tradesmen overseeing construction and renovation projects throughout Iraq and will report to the LCC Site Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
• Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
• Inspect work performed by tradesmen to ensure that it meets specifications, codes, and established industry standards.
• Instruct staff in company work policies and procedures.
• Review work orders and work order reports to ensure the tasks are completed on-time and inspect the projects to ensure all work is accomplished per the SOW.
• Ensure personnel under supervision conduct inventory of current stock and order materials to ensure that supplies and equipment are available in adequate amounts.
• Confer with staff to resolve performance and personnel problems.
• Conduct daily meetings with trades to discuss project work, client concerns, and trade shop workflow.
• Evaluate employee performance and recommend personnel actions such as salary increases, dismissal, or promotion.
• Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
• Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
• Background in management of construction trades or similar construction practices.
• Five (5) years verifiable experience managing multiple trades in a large institutional setting or managing construction projects.
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting construction management and projects at an overseas facility.
• Experience providing excellent customer services.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
• Education: A high school diploma or equivalent education is required.
• Licenses and Certifications: Valid drivers license from Home of Record.
• Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to obtain a favorable MRPT certification or US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
• Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is required.
• Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
• Bachelor s Degree in Construction Management or Master s Degree in a similar profession.
• Relevant overseas contract experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, and Visio.
• Previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions.
• Experience working with PAE.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and duck & cover during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster