• 1 to 3 years of experience in the relevant field.
• A college degree in a relevant field is appreciated.
• Excellent written English language.
• Self-managed and self-motivated.
• Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner.
• Possess analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions.
No one knows it all, but these are the kinds of things we re looking for:
• Proficiency with general Linux administration using CLI.
• Good working experience with Bash scripting, iptables, LAMP/LEMP stacks, Linux package management systems, and cloud computing vendors (e.g AWS, GCE, DO, ...)
• Basic working experience with monitoring and performance analysis tools (e.g nagios/opsview, newrelic, ... etc).
• Solid understanding of the Linux OS and its underlying components.
• Good understanding of networking, HTTP, DNS, RDBMS.
• Basic understanding of file systems, load balancing, and information security basics.
• Practical skills of technical documentation and research, analytical problem solving quick learning, analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource, application deployment issues, working with a minimum amount of supervisions, and being in direct contact with the customers.
These points will give you a boost:
• Python scripting, or any other scripting language.
• Hands-on experience with DevOps tools like Ansible and docker.
• Basic programming skills.
• Contributions to open-source projects.