Linux System Administrator
Ref : SSYSAD19 - Q1, 2019
Location : Alexandria
• Builds, releases and configure production systems.
• Deploys, automates, maintains and manages cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
• Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems.
• Troubleshoots systems when experiencing issues by identifying what the problem is and finding a resolution.
• Assess issues that might occur in the systems and mitigate them so they don t occur again.
• Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical company computer resources.
• Manages the company systems including hardware, software and equipment.
• Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for the company to take advantage of new technology.
• Learns new technologies and systems as needed with minimal supervision and assistance
• Monitors system logs and activity on production/staging servers.
• Writes scripts to Automate manual work specifically deployment automation and infrastructure automation.
• Suggests architecture improvements, recommends process improvements.
• Evaluates new technology options and vendor products.
• Ensures critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions and practices.
• Bachelor s degree in computer science or equivalent
• 0-2 years of relevant experience.
• A clear understanding of web and system security issues.
• Must possess strong scripting skills (i.e. Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl).
• Strong understanding of Version control systems (Specifically Git).
• Strong understanding of SDLC.
• Strong understanding of CI pipelines using Jenkins.
• Excellent understanding of network topologies and common network protocol.
• Good understanding of virtualization and containerization.
• Good understanding of RDBMS (i.e. MySQL, Postgresql).
• Good understanding of different stacks (i.e. Ruby, Python, PHP, Node.js).
• Good Understanding of cloud platforms knowledge.